Detailed Job description / requirements:
SWAN is a leading NGO of Nepal working in the field of health, education and community development in rural Nepal with the Government of Nepal and has been igniting hope in the lives of rural women and children of Nepal since 1994. SWAN helps people achieve self-sustainability through all-around education, healthcare and resilient livelihood alternatives. As a development and humanitarian organization, its work focuses on needy children, disadvantaged women and marginalized communities, mostly in seven districts of Nepal: Baglung, Parbat, Sindhupalchok, Nuwakot, Humla, Udayapur and Gorkha. SWAN works in close collaboration with government line agencies, municipalities, rural municipalities, community-based schools, communities and all project stakeholders in these districts. Over the past 25 years, SWAN has witnessed some remarkable differences in the lives of individuals and communities with whom SWAN worked. Moreover, SWAN has also responded with humanitarian support during the time of crisis like the Nepal earthquake 2015, and the Covid-19 pandemic through the implementation of life-saving interventions.
In partnership with Global Envirotech Initiative and North East Ohio Medical University, USA, SWAN is implementing Maternal and child health project in 2 districts (Bajura and Achham). SWAN invites application from interested and eligible candidates.
Position: Field supervisor/s
No. of Vacancy/s: One for each District
Period: 3-5 months, possibility of extension
Job Location: Achham and Bajura District
-Under the direct supervision of the SWAN Nepal Central Office, the Field supervisor will have following major responsibilities;
· -Firstly, collect Maternal and child health baseline survey data that will further inform in planning of the project
· -Build sound relationships with District (Public) Health service Office, program focal person, health facility staffs, community stakeholders and female community health volunteers in order to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the field level.
· -List out the program and training logistics at health facilities and ensure the timely delivery at the designated facilities.
· -Conduct and supervise the training events at District level, health facilities and community including HFOMC meeting and orientation.
· -Provide technical support visits to birthing centers, health workers and FCHVs with special focus on capacity building on data reporting, recording, clinical skill.
· -Coordinate logistics and daily activities in all program locations.
· -Participate, represent and co-ordinate at the facility level and community level.
· -Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, training, data collection, and program follow up.
· -Collect routine data from health facilities and communities.
· -Provide support to conduct the performance review plan annually.
· -Contribute to prepare regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and district work plans.
· -Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report.
· -Support to District Project Coordinator for her/his regular assignments and reports.
· -Having experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (Helping Babies Breathe (HBB), Essential Care for Every Baby (ECEB), Essential Care for Small Babies (ECSB), and Helping Mothers Survive (HMS) and Birth Preparedness Package (BPP) will be a good asset.
· -Good training facilitation skills.
· - Have good spoken and written skills in Nepali and English
· -Self-motivated, friendly and able to work in a team
· -Experience and willingness to work in the remote and underserviced communities, ability to cope in geographically difficult location
· -Must have a strong commitment to work for the long term
· -Good interpersonal skills
· -Good analytical skills, and experience with program oversight
· - Knowledge and experience in program and data management
· - Practical experience in facilitation and interaction with government stakeholders at different levels, and ability to deal with various stakeholders
· - Good computer skills (MS-Office, Excel including Email and internet)
Educational qualification and Work Experience:
With minimum ANM, CMA level trainings with four years of experience in the maternal and child health. PCL nursing (SBA trained staff nurse/ANM will be given priority) or Health Assistance from a recognized academic institution with minimum three years of experience.
Salary: As per the organizational policy
All interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application along with updated resume to email@example.com before March 20, 2023 or drop your application at SWAN Central Office Maharajgunj. Only short listed candidate will be contracted for further process.
(Local applicants from the Achham and Bajura district, who are familiar with the local context and culture will be given a high priority.)
|Category||NGO/INGO / Social work|
|Posted Date||07 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||20 Mar, 2023|