Field Coordinator (Field based)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Wine To Water Nepal (WWN) is committed to supporting Life and Dignity through the Power of Clean Water. We envision a world where everyone, especially marginalized communities have equitable access to Water Sanitation and Hygiene facilities. We are a not-for-profit organization based in Kathmandu and working in Bagmati and Gandaki Pradesh. With an objective to support the Nepal Government’s goal to achieve SDG 6 by 2030, we are working directly with the Local government by identifying the unserved population and providing them with access to Water ( Ek Ghar Ek Dhara), Hygiene and Sanitation behavioral change education and Improving Economic Status through Livelihood and income generating activities. WWN is implementing “WASH in institution ”, in 9 schools and “WATER For School” in 4 schools of Jwalamukhi rural municipality, funded by Rotary Club of Narangadh (RCN) and in cooperation with “Jwalamukhi rural municipality’. We are hiring qualified and skilled candidates to fulfill the following vacant position for the project.
Position: Field Coordinator (Field based)
Introduction: WWN introduction/ Project introduction
Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for providing overall guidance in planning, designing, budgeting, implementing, and monitoring core strategies and activities of the project. S/he will provide technical support to the project staff at Field Offices (FOs) for planning, designing, budgeting, implementing, and monitoring WASH project activities at the rural municipality level, and provincial level. S/he will support the capacity building of project staff at FOs in programming, reporting, and advocacy and for undertaking quality project deliveries.
Term: Fixed-term employment for 10 Months from February 2023 based at Jwalamukhi rural municipality, Dhading with the possibility of extension upon the new project approval.
Line Manager: WASH engineer-Program in Lead
Remuneration: (Gross) NPR: 32,000-35,000, based on the working experience.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Community Development or Development Studies or relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the area of rural water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Experience in managing WASH projects will be added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and experience in society as a community-led total sanitation (CLTS) approach, Menstrual Hygiene Management, School WASH, and child-to-child approach and hygiene promotion through behavior change communication and gender transformative WASH programming and ability to give and take the training/ orientations.
- Knowledge of principles, policies, guidelines, and practices of the WASH sector.
- Prior experience working on “WASH in institution” project will be added advantage.
- Previous working experience in Jwalamukhi or residents meeting all the criteria from Jwalamukhi rural municipality is desirable.
- Assist WASH social mobilizer and WASH technician to prepare a clear and understandable social/sanitation map in rural municipality concerned wards indicating existing sanitation status either good or problematic health and sanitary issues in different clusters of the community;
- Organize and facilitate workshops and training for the three-star approach in pre-set institutions, WASH completion on reaching the star approach goals, “WATER IN SCHOOL” training, total sanitation, and hygiene behavioral change, etc.
- Provide guidance and support to the field staff for effective service delivery of the project.
- Organize and facilitate workshops and training for pre-construction training of water supply schemes, promotion of household water treatment and safe storage, total sanitation and hygiene behavioral change, etc.
- Support R-WASH-CC in the formation and mobilization of different groups (School Teachers and Parents Groups, Youth Sanitation Groups, Women Groups, Sanitation Groups of Political Parties, etc.);
- Support and facilitate the R-WASH-CC to identify the resource gap, and make a strategic plan for rural municipality level in Post ODF activities;
- Assist WASH social mobilizer and technician in awareness campaigning on the importance of toilets for rural municipality-level, domestic, and environmental sanitation;
- Make coordination and linkages with the local authority, concerned stakeholders, and line agencies, and Prepare and submit the rural municipality-wise progress report to the line manager on a monthly, trimester-wise, and yearly basis.
- Maintain the project related SO accounts/bookkeeping in the formats prescribed by the organization;
- Ensure expenditures are made in accordance with the contract with Wine to Water Nepal. Reconcile the books of accounts with the Bank regularly;
- Maintain monthly attendance of field staff, get verification of the attendance from line manager as well for monthly salary release and records;
- Maintain personnel records and time sheets/leave records of field staff;
- Ensure quality planning, good governance, accountability, implementation, and monitoring of project activities in line with the WASH SDG program and the government’s relevant policies, plans, and guidelines
- Prepare annual plan and budget for project interventions with project and rural municipality staff at FOs
- Ensure implementation of project interventions mainly total sanitation/hygiene promotion-related activities through CLTS and child-to-child approach and behavior change communication at the pre-set institutional level.
- Ensure child, gender, disability, and environmental friendliness of WASH facilities
- Facilitate for mainstreaming of gender equality and social inclusion, and good governance into WASH interventions
- Support MEAL officer by providing available data and information (e.g. field visit reports) on the project to facilitate monitoring of project interventions.
- Facilitate and support filed staff, and WASH technicians at FOs for routine monitoring of project activities at the district and community level
- Capacity building of field staff at FOs on program planning, implementation, and monitoring project intervention
- Maintain smooth coordination and networking with relevant government organizations and other WASH and Nutrition related stakeholders at the national level
- Be flexible with any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Locals from Jwalamukhi Rural Municipality, Dhading are highly encouraged to apply and will be prioritized.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. Wine to Water Nepal holds the right to accept/ reject the application for the position advertised.
Wine to Water Nepal strongly encourages female applicants, applicants from Dalit, Madhesi, Jana jati, and marginalized ethnic groups, and offers proactive support and capacity development for female staff and staff from marginalized groups.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application with C.V., Copy of citizenship and Cover/Application letter for the applied position at email@example.com by 1st February 2023.
Candidates who submits above mentioned documents shall be considered for the further shortlisting process.
|Category||Social Science, Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.Devs. (Bachelors in Devlopment Studies), Bachelor's degree in social science|
|Posted Date||27 Jan, 2023|
|Apply Before||01 Feb, 2023|