Expression of Interest from IT Firm for digital learning
Green Tara Nepal, a non-political, non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007, has been working in the field of maternal and child health. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach. Green Tara Nepal aims to bridge the gap between rural and urban, rich and poor and men and women in accessing services and improving healthy behaviors through community development and health promotion approach.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of reference
Digital learning company
Course development for online refresher training of nurses and paramedics on respectful maternal and newborn care (RMNC) in Nepal
(Extension of deadline till 24 Mar 2023)
In 2022, Green Tara Nepal (GTN), with the support from Enfants du Monde (EdM) has been implementing “Improving the health of disadvantaged pregnant women, new mothers and their new-born during COVID-19 crisis in Nepal” Project in three districts (Kapilbastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparasi West) of Lumbini Provience, Nepal. The project aims to improve health of pregnant women, new mothers, and their newborns.
While the first component of the project strives to improve the awareness on maternal and newborn health of urban pregnant women and new mothers at community level, the second component aims at strengthening the capacities of health facility staff to provide respectful MNH care.
In 2022, with the support of EdM, GTN together with the National Health Training Centre (NHTC) and Nepalese master trainers, developed a training on Respectful Maternal and Newborn Care to strengthen the health staff’s skills to respect women and new-borns during MNH care, to effectively counsel and communicate with women, their partners and families during routine and emergency care in pregnancy, childbirth, and postnatal periods. The training enables health facility teams to develop knowledge on the rights of women and new-borns to health and to high quality care before, during and after childbirth, including for women with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infections. Health staff are capacitated to respect privacy, confidentiality, dignity and rights of healthcare users; to provide appropriate preventive and medical care, adapted to the local culture and to the needs of the women; to communicate clearly with the users and the community, and to adapt care, taking into consideration the feedback of the community. Through effective counselling, women and their families will be supported to put information into practice and to take action to improve their health. It is expected that improved quality MNH care will increase the satisfaction of women towards health services and will increase the utilisation of skilled care during and after pregnancy, and for childbirth.
The following steps took place to train the Health facility staff: the workshop preparation of 12 master trainers (representing National Health Training Centre (NHTC), Provincial Health Training Centres, Provincial Health Directorate, Trainer of national maternity hospital and Green Tara Nepal) who developed the training kit, the training of 18 trainers from various level from three district, the training of 220 health facility staff (84 Nurses from 20 health facilities, 71 Paramedics, 63 Administration and support staffs).
In 2023, refresher trainings are planned to reinforce knowledge acquired during the previous training and ensure that healthcare providers can apply the knowledge gained on their daily practice.
It has been decided to innovate and propose a pilot test of an online refresher training for the healthcare providers. A concept note (will be provided on request, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) describes the distance learning component of the refresher training for nurses and paramedics.
General: develop the online refresher training course
- Define and analyse the needs
- Characterize the training’s scheme in collaboration with GTN staff
- Make the storyboard of the training (subdivided in modules) based on GTN’s training contents
- Produce the interactive modules, ex. with Rise 360
- Make the modules available (source files and exported files in HTML format)
- Assist GTN in using the modules
10 modules with an approximate duration of 2 training hours per module, in cooperation with GTN and EdM (be detailed in the concept note)
- Needs definition: by mid-March
- Training’s scheme: by end of March
- Storyboard: by end of April
- Modules 1 to 4: by end of May
- Modules 5 to 7: by end of June
- Modules 8 to 10: by end of July
5. Eligibility Criteria:
- Technical competency
- Instructional Design Issues (Knowledge Management, Learning Goals & Outcomes, Instructional Planning/Syllabus, Learning Opportunities/Activities, and Course Structure)
- Proven track record with interactive learning courses
- Requirement analysis, development, testing, and implementation plan in detail
- Prefer to have proven professional experience in developing eLearning projects and Training Content within the development sector (NGOs, INGO, UN or Govt. Organizations).
- Sound knowledge of English
6. Expected role and duration of performance:
Targeting about 150 people’s use at once with 100 gb capacity
(.Org.np), link with GTN’s existing website/domain
Modules development, testing and deployment
Integration / adaptation of developed training modules and elaboration of proposals for interactivity with participants in Articulate / Rise 360
About 15 to 20 workdays
Project admin/ management
Assign IT Assistant for management, communication and technical support (full time during training period) and part-time on periodic basis.
Major roles of IT Assistant include:
About 15 workdays
Need junior staff, familiar with online training system.
GTN solicits an application from interested IT companies or a team of experts for completion of the tasks as detailed above. They should apply to GTN covering the following aspects.
- Motivation letter (explaining the reason to apply)
- Profile of the company/firm/individual (Applicant’s past experience in conducting such tasks)
- Detailed budget for the assigned tasks with timeline
- CV of key person with references
- Company or the individuals running Articulate Rise 360 application
8. How to apply
Interested Firm/Individual are requested to send their Expression of Interest to email@example.com by 24th March 2023 before 17:00 hours.
Only shortlisted Firm or Individual will be called for the second rounds of discussion. GTN retains the right to reject one or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Please mention “Expression of Interest: IT Services” in the subject line of the e-mail.
|Category||Development and Project, Expression of Interest|
|Experience||Please check details below.|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||10 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||24 Mar, 2023|