Expression of Interest (EOI)-CONSULTANCY FOR WEB TELEVISION SERIES PRODUCTION AND DISSEMINATION
VSO is the world's leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world's poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We're not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Strengthening Access to Holistic, Gender Responsive, And Accountable Justice in Nepal (SAHAJ)
Terms of Reference (ToR)- Expression of Interest (EOI)
CONSULTANCY FOR WEB TELEVISION SERIES PRODUCTION AND DISSEMINATION
VSO has been in Nepal since 1964 and currently implementing its programmes in 20 districts of five Provinces. Currently VSO Nepal programme focuses on Education, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Youth, Livelihoods, Gender & Inclusion, Governance, Climate Change and Resilience. Through Volunteering for Development (VFD) approach, VSO aims to be more responsive to and actively engaged in supporting disadvantaged groups.
VSO’s Strengthening Access to Holistic, Gender Responsive, and Accountable Justice in Nepal (SAHAJ) aims to reduce vulnerability towards different forms of Gender Based Violence (GBV) particularly against Women and Girls, break the culture of silence around GBV and increase access to security and justice services. This is a consortium project led by Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) with International Alert (IA) and partners namely Forum for Women, Law and Development (FWLD); Antenna Foundation Nepal (AFN); Emory University; SAMAGRA and MAHURI Home. SAHAJ is one of the projects within UKAID ’s Integrated Programme for Strengthening Security and Justice (IP-SSJ). The project covers total 13 districts in Province 2 and 5.
As a part of diffusion strategy, SAHAJ has developed radio contents and are being aired through the major radio stations in the project locations. To amplify the diffusion approach, the project identified Web Television Series (Documentary style) which can inspire social changeand be one of the key instrument to engage and inform people to transform harmful social norms and break the culture of silence that encourages seeking justice for GBV.
The proposed Web Television will focus on breaking the stereotypes that are hindering women and girls to speak up against any forms of violence. The series shall also cover the change of the gender roles and how that can redefine positive masculinity.
The two web television series initially and possibility of extension in later all together will be presented in documentary style featuring the real stories of positive change which will be playinga potential role in sharpening the focus on majors to minimize the harmful social norms.
Produced in Nepali languages and to be broadcasted from National Television with high level engagement in social media and other technological to create consistency with our evolving organizational brand guidelines and expanding track record, efforts should be taken to ensure the video files can be easily refreshed on a regular basis with updated brand assets (logos, font, colors, etc.).
Through this work, SAHAJ encourages innovative ideas and contents that can gain quick attention from the public and meets the current marketing patterns that includes the television broadcasting and sharing through social media platforms. The Television series will increase exposure to the younger generation and other influential community members and also adopt the content to win the trust and loyalty of the older generation in terms of bring the change in harmful social norms and promote activities that tends to associate the credibility and reliability of SAHAJ.
- Identify and create Television series on SAHAJ branding, promotion and dissemination of the key messages which includes
- Document the intriguing stories of our Primary actors and those who are associated with SAHAJ and highlight their steps in breaking the culture of silence against all forms of GBVs.
- Featuring the stories with “Gender Relations, Gendered Social Norms, and Masculinities,” which discusses the context of societal gender norms and their impact on behaviours.
- Highlight underlying principles for work with and successful engagement of men and boys to transform gender normsas storytelling through audio-visual platform
- Apply the unique approaches to drag the messaging that men supporting women, women’s mobility and public outreach, financial independence and justice seeking behaviours can increase the family honour in a local patten.
- Develop influential character(s) for the videos
- Identify and work to Broadcast the web television series from National Television and other social media outlets to promote our values and create an environment where people are motivated to change and respect the positive thought over harmful social norms.
3. Production process and deliverables:
- Develop2 Web Television series(maximum 20- 30 minutes each) of primary actors, change-makers, and prominent individuals in the format of short documentaries (storey telling). And publish it twice a month by National Television and other Social Media Outlets.
- Identify the best video contents, format, length and the character for the videos
- Both Web Television Series should covers following strategic interventions (but not limited to) of SAHAJ;
- Inception Workshop with the project team
- Discuss and brainstorm the concept of video (visual style (narration, music, plots) + contents + influential character + coverage areas/theme)
- Finalization of the overall concept and plans
- Detail work plan on characters, key messaging ideas, contents, quality of the video, length and rationale for the identified tools)
- Scripts/storyboard outline for approval prior to proceeding
- Package and delivery
- Final formats of 2 web television series videos mixed to be broadcasted from National Television and other media outlets
- Archive package of all usable footage including production design files and B roll.
- Closing workshop (Organise by project team with the consultant)
- Identify dissemination Date to reach out to public
- Dissemination strategies/frequencies (Different Social Media Outlets)
- Further recommendation for the project team
4. Reporting Line
The Consultant will work in close coordination with SAHAJ Project’s Communications and Learning Specialist and reports to VSO Nepal’s Consortium Project Manager - SAHAJ.
5. Equipment for the Assignment
All the equipment needed for this assignment will be provided by the contractor, no equipment to be purchased under this assignment.
6. Required Qualifications and Experience
The consultancy firm will be required to have;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in video production both in production and post-production at national and international level standards/ 1 years of experiences in Web Television Series.
- Extensive experience inPre- Production, Production and Post-Production of Web Television Series on Social Norms, GBVs, Audio- visual stories of change.
- Must have proven track record in all required areas of production (including script writing, planning, cinematography, editing and mixing)
- Proven Knowledge in storytelling and producing documentaries for international development organizations preferably on social norms or behavioral change
- Ability to innovate the concept and outstand the product among the competitive consumer market
- Well-equipped with updated software and hardware to ensure smooth and high quality production
- Worked on the various thematic areas of Harmful Social Norms and its impact through digital marketing
- Works that reflect positive effects on human life by using the arts, education and knowledge transfer
7. Duration of Assignment
The consultancy period will be for a period of One and Half Months effective from contract signing date.
Consultant will submit a detailed work plan schedule which will be approved by VSO Nepal.
The estimated budget for this work is [NPR 1,200,000.00 – Rupees One Million Two Hundred Thousand Only] inclusive of tax as per Government rules and regulations. This budget is inclusive of all costs covering team member costs, travel, research costs and any other costs associated in the completion of the work including where required costs for reasonable adjustment.
9. Remuneration and Payment Procedures
The consultancy firm’s payment will be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
10. Intellectual Property
The contract will be work for hire. Therefore, all planning and work products and all final outputs of this project will be the property of VSO. Except for purposes of this assignment, no information about the planning or production of the videos may be disclosed or used by the consultant without the written permission of the VSO Nepal.
11. Logistics and Quality Assurance Procedures
Production house is required to set out their approach to ensuring complete compliance with international good practice with regards to ethics and protocols particularly with regards to safeguarding children, vulnerable groups and those in fragile and conflict-affected states. Consideration should be given to:
- Administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality of those participating in the News and Article related issues;
- DO NO HARM to any lingual, sex, culture and sovereignty with the content;
- Data protection and secure maintenance procedures for personal information;
- Age-appropriate assent processes based on reasonable assumptions about comprehension for the ages of children they intend to involve in the documentary.
12. Application Procedure
Consultancy firms are required to submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Technical proposal which includes objectives and method with detailed timeline.
- CVs of professional personnel proposed for the project
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses.
- 2-4 sample of previous productions in line with the technical and creative requirements of the project.
- Copy of company registration certificate
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate
- Latest Tax Clearance Certificate FY 076/77 or time extension verified letter (MyadThapofFY 076/77).
- An audit report of immediate last fiscal year
Interested and eligible Firms/individuals are requested to submit their letter of interest along with required documents as mentioned above on point no. 6 and 12 to email ID: email@example.com by 25 November 2020 no later than 5:00 Pm.