Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published date: 19 January 2023
Rural Women Upliftment Association (RWUA) was established on 22 Kartik, 2050 B.S. at Sarlahi District of Province 2, Nepal. It is a non-governmental and non-profit social organization and is a well-established and prominent organization that works as a change agent in the area of women empowerment and community development in the Sarlahi district. The long-term experiences in the area of community development and women’s Upliftment have made it the organization easy to organize the community for positive changes over their own since the last 29 years. This is women headed organization and the majority of executive members are women. It works with a mission to improve the lives of people through economic, social, cultural, and physical transformation. It has been implementing several projects in Sarlahi District in the partnership.
RWUA invites applications from interested qualified and eligible candidates (Nepali citizens only) that are reliable, accountable, and have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity for the following positions under the organization and RWUA-implemented projects in the Sarlahi district.
Job Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Haripur Municipality, Sarlahi District
Reports to: Chairperson/Executive Committee, RWUA
Salary and benefits: Negotiable
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
RWUA is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead our organization and its implemented projects through an upcoming period of growth. The Executive Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to RWUA, articulating and building commitment to RWUA’s mission, vision, values, and, strategy, and ensuring that all activities and resources are focused on the achievement of this vision. In this role, you will be the face of our organization, working closely with the RWUA board members; the project staff team, Management Team, and the public. You will ensure that staff members are aligned with the organization’s mission and vision and that we are working together to successfully achieve strategic objectives. We have a family-oriented in which we place a high priority on communication, recognition and collaboration. We are in search of an Executive Director who is aligned with our culture and will continue to enhance it through positive leadership.
The Executive Director will be responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Leadership & Management
- Participate with the executive committee in developing a mission, vision goal, objectives, and strategic plans to guide the organization
- Identify, assess and inform the committee of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the executive committee on all aspects of the organization’s activities.
- Foster effective teamwork between the board and executive director and between the executive director and staff.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the organization
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
- Ensures commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization, including communicating with legal and accounting professionals as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge, skill, and behavior of developments in the organization and its projects.
2. Operational planning, management, and Development
- Develop an operational plan, which incorporates goals, and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Facilitate the organization to conduct an organizational capacity assessment (OCA) to identify the gaps and needs of organizational development (OD) and support to develop and implement the organizational capacity development plan.
- Lead to design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies to meet organizational development needs and program goals.
- Execute tools, techniques, and methodologies to monitor and review organizational capacity development plans in coordination with the senior management team and executive board.
- Lead to organize of various capacity-building pieces of training for the senior management team and all staff
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its partners and board.
- Ensure and develop an appropriate strategy, policy and, procedure documents for board review and implement approved policies and procedures
- Develop and annually review program and budget
- The Review current governance structure and develop procedures to guide interface with the board
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Ensure that personnel, partners, donor, and, volunteer files are securely stored and confidentiality is maintained.
- Provide support to the board by preparing the meeting agenda and supporting materials.
3. Program planning, management, and Development
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the organization’s program and services.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the board.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of projects.
- Identify and track opportunities for consideration that fall within the overall organizational strategy
- Lead the project development process and communicate with related partners.
4. Financial Planning and Management
- Work with finance staff and board to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans, and write funding proposals to increase the fund of the organization.
- Approve expenditures and ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization.
- Provide the board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the organization.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments.
- Sign contracts, leases, and binding agreements on behalf of the organization.
5. Human Resource Management
- Support to recruitment committee for adequate staff hiring and selection.
- Manages employment contracts, job descriptions, personnel policies, compensation, and benefits administration to ensure alignment with Nepal Labor Acts.
- Determine staffing requirements for organization management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures, and practices including the development of job descriptions for all staff.
- Establish a positive, healthy, and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that sound recruitment interviews and selection of staff procedures are followed
- Ensure that all staff receives an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an ongoing basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
- Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures.
6. Representation, Coordination/Networking, and Collaboration, and communication
- Coordination and collaboration with Local Networks and Alliances of CSOs and funding partners.
- Lead to facilitate in forming/re-forming/mobilization of district & local level network/alliances.
- Ensure close coordination and communication with national-level and international-level funding agencies, INGO/NGOs, stakeholders, CSOs, etc.
- Represent the organization/project at local, district, and province levels.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and information sharing with the province and local governments, partner agencies, I/NGOs, media, civil Societies, and community-based organizations, if needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with province & local governments, and other stakeholders.
7. Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Documentation
- Monitor the ongoing project intervention with proper monitoring tools.
- Ensure the organization running all the project interventions are implemented in accordance with the minimum quality benchmark.
- Lead the team to maintain integrity in data/information management & submit in a timely manner.
- Produce quality progress reports & documents capturing organizational learnings and good practices.
- Sharing innovative approaches, good practices, challenges, and achievements with related personnel.
- Ensure the timely execution of the activities assigned for all projects.
- Proper implementation and management of the organization VMGO and projects program with quality results.
- Effective Coordination and collaboration with multi-stakeholders.
8. Reporting and Communication
- Produce and share monthly/Quarterly/Annual reports (ensure the booklet and Brochure) to the organizations.
- Ensure financial report is prepared timely & accurately and shared with organization and donors.
- Maintain proper communication within the team for functional communication.
9. Proposal Writing and Resource Development
- Support in developing the Proposal writing and submitting timely as respective donor agencies.
- Engaging in proposal writing and developing.
- Search requests for proposals, and assist in the formulation of new proposals within project teams.
- Develop and propose strategies, action plans, and approaches for mobilizing financial, human, and technical resources to support RWUA’s work
- In collaboration with the executive committee, identify donor agencies, government, and private funding to sustain RWUA development and program activities
- Provide support in the planning and execution of fund management activities.
10. Technical services
- Provide technical support to project cycle management.
- Provide appropriate suggestions on technical matters.
- Report to the concerned authority on the related matter and develop a critical technical report.
11. Community Relations/Advocacy
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community serviced by the organization.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
12. Risk Management
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (partners, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finance, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure that the organization carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage and also ensure that staff understands the terms, conditions, and limitations of the insurance coverage.
- Review the security risk management plan and use the standard operating protocols appropriately.
Minimum required academic qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work/Development Studies/Law/Management/Social Science/International Relationship with 8 years of working experience in a related field with a diverse team, (or)
- Master’s degree in social work/Development Studies/Law/Management/Social Science/ Public Health professional with 5 years of working experience in managing multiple projects with a diverse team.
- Writing and speaking proficiency in both English and Nepali language.
- Ability to work with MS Office packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability & experience to provide organizational capacity-building training to board and staff team on process & tools of evidence-based advocacy.
- Experience in Organization Development (OD) processes tools and management skills.
- Working Experience with Province, Local government, and concerned stakeholders.
- Have a valid driving license.
Ability to work under pressure and within the tight timeframe
Interested candidates aged 25+ are encouraged to apply with their current CV and Cover letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line addressing to The Human Resource Department, Rural Women Upliftment Association (RWUA), Sarlahi or submit the hard copy to Rural Women Upliftment Association (RWUA), Haripur Municipality-2, Sarlahi within 28 January 2023 by 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. RWUA respects child rights and strictly follows the child safeguarding policy of the organization. RWUA is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities and local people with best-fit qualifications and competencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
RWUA reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.