Enterprise Development Technician/AT/JTA
SAHAMATI(An Institution Dedicated For Community Plus Humane Development) SAHAMATI is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit making, member-based social development organization established in 2001/11/12 (kartik 27, 2058) by a group of professionals and development workers with long experience in community development. This organization has been registered as an NGO under the organization registration act of Nepal. Global problems like climate change, poverty, social discrimination and migration influence Nepal's development process, demanding diversified answers. Underprivileged groups are often excluded while designing development program, unfortunate for them. SAHAMATI aims to make a change by addressing the huge challenges of the 21st century with a community-centered approach, focusing on social justice and social transformation, human rights development and self-help promotion. SAHAMATI has built a large network composed of diverse social groups, national and international organizations and like-minded institutions and have been launching various kinds of community-centered programs on collaboration. A range of internal programs have been developed and implemented independently through SAHAMATI under Theme 2 (Learning and Innovation) are coordinated through our own resources. SAHAMATI is affiliated with Social Welfare Council (SWC), NGO Federation of Nepal, Federation of Democratic NGO (FEDEN), Peaceful Schools International Canada, Resource Centre for Primary Health Care Nepal (RECPHEC), DP Net-Nepal, DCCAM Network-Nawalparasi, Tobacco Control and Health Rights Network- Nepal, Coady Alumni, ARI Alumni and Gender and water Alliance-Nepal
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SAHAMATI is a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit making social development organization. Established in 2001 by a group of development professionals, SAHAMATI is recognized as a capable and committed national level organization for community plus humane development.
SAHAMATI is implementing “Women entrepreneurship development (MahilaaUdhhami) project” in Gorkha, Tanahu and Nawalprasi (Bardaghat Susta East). The project aims to Increase number of Nepalese women engaged in profitable business and self-employment ventures. Specifically, this project will focus to improved knowledge and skills needed to become successful women entrepreneurs, improved access to markets and networks among women entrepreneurs and increased access to credit among women entrepreneurs through by promoting agri based women entrepreneurs and support them on better marketing through local cooperatives. For that project SAHAMATI is looking for young, energetic and experienced Person.
SAHAMATI invites an application from an interested and qualified candidate to fulfill the following position.
Position: Enterprise Development Technician/AT/JTA-1(One)
Academic qualification and experiences required
- Junior technician (JT) with 2 years of work experience or junior technical assistant (JTA) with 3 years of work experience in the relevant field (Agriculture).
- Strong interest to work on issues related to agriculture and livelihood enhancement.
- Experience of designing innovative and suitable agriculture interventions.
- Experience working on small entrepreneurship development.
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills.
- Networking skills to effectively correspond with a diverse audience in different setting.
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented sites and able to accommodate and adjust in difficult working conditions and tough field situations.
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to details including proactive, creativity and reliability.
- Proficient in M.S. Office (Excel, Power Point and Word) and Knowledge of basic statistical concepts will add value.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter along with updated CV to SAHAMATI firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13th April 2021 (Clearly Mention Application for the post in subject Line). SAHAMATI organization is offering a competitive salary for the post. Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted for the further recruitment process. Applicants received after the deadline will not be considered. We encouraged candidates from ethnicity and marginalized communities to be apply.
(Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification and No telephone call will be entertained)