Enterprise Development Facilitator (EDF)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First date of Job Publication: September 13, 2021)
NNDSWO (1982) is a network based organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. NNDSWO envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to 'eliminate caste-based discrimination and un-touch ability and empower people for dignified life'. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programs areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with various development partners.
NNDSWO has been implementing a project entitled "Entrepreneurship Development Among the Marginalized Dalit Women Community in Bara district- Nepal in partnership with Karuna Trust UK The project aims to facilitate empowerment of livelihoods and income-security Currently, we are seeking competent, experienced, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
Enterprise Development Facilitator (EDF) –1. Bara district
To lead economic empowerment project through entrepreneurship development to improve their livelihoods.
- Facilitate Dalit community to select appropriate enterprise/business on the basis of market demand, local resources and need in the rural community.
- Provide entrepreneurship development training to the selected participants.
- Facilitate to conduct skill development training to the participants on selected business/trade.
- Assist entrepreneurs to access micro credits in coordination with local level Micro Financial Institutions (MFIs).
- Facilitate to provide appropriate technology to the entrepreneurs.
- Provide regular counseling and support to entrepreneurs in different aspects.
- Facilitate Dalit group/ CBO to register their enterprises in relevant government authorities
- Conduct mapping of relevant stakeholders that provide support to Dalit community and establish linkage with Dalit Community to access different services.
- Lead Capacity Building Initiatives aimed at effective participation of Dalit Community in local planning and budget allocation process.
- Conduct regular outreach and social mobilization sessions at community level to strengthen capacity of Dalit Community.
- Completed level 2 or 3 skill test on entrepreneurship facilitation from National Skill Testing Board (NSTB) under Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) or 15 month certified Entrepreneurship Development Facilitator (EDF) related Technical SLC (T-SLC) course from CTEVT along with worked experience in Micro enterprise development project for minimum 3 Years
- Minimum two years of working experience in entrepreneurship development with MED (Micro Enterprise Development) model in socially excluded community.
- Knowledge of socio-economic and political context on Nepal, and understanding of Inclusion and women economic empowerment issues
- Knowledge on project activities implementation, monitoring, reporting and documentation skills
- Previous experience of social mobilization will be added advantage
- Basic computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power point) is must
- Able to work independently under pressure of deadline
- Good Communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of local context, culture and language will be an asset.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter with mentioning your desired district and expected salary range.
Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates can also submit copies of their application and CV at NNDSWO coordinating office in Bara district at email@example.com
We promote gender equality and social inclusion in terms of caste and ethnic diversity in staffing. Candidates from project implementation districts will be given priority. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test.
Telephone enquiry will not be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for recruitment process. Recruitment process can be conducted through central office Kathmandu.
Our commitment to safeguarding:
NNDSWO is fully committed to preventing any type of in appropriate behavior at work place including sexual harassment, caste and gender based discrimination, exploitation and abuse, lack of professional integrity and financial misconduct and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. NNDSWO expects all office bearers, staff and volunteers to fully comply with our core values, principles and our code of conduct. We are committed to recruit only those who share and demonstrate our value
Note: The all applications reject and accept rights will deserve with NNDSWO.