English Teacher Trainer/ Education Development Officer (EDO)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Are you interested, enthusiastic and committed to work in team promoting quality inclusive education for Himalayan region children?
Opportunity is waiting for you at REED Nepal
Rural Education and Environment Development Center (REED Nepal) is a non-governmental organization based in Kathmandu. REED Nepal primary goal is to contribute for Quality Inclusive Education. REED Nepal invites applications from the eligible candidates for the below positions based in Solukhumbu and Taplejung district:
Position: English Teacher Trainer/ Education Development Officer (EDO): 2 (Two)
Duty Station: Solukhumbu (1 position) and Taplejung (1 position)
Education Qualification: Master Degree (M. ED) in English
Work Experience: Minimum three years' relevant experience in teaching English at secondary level with sound understanding on pedagogy or two year’s experiences in teacher professional development and capacity building at community school.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities for both positions:
- Design, develop and deliver wide range of training packages for community school teachers and key stakeholders in line with Nepal government packages incorporating identified local needs and gaps.
- Ability to develop, maintain good coordination, collaborative with local line agencies including Municipality/Rural Municipality and education other stakeholders for program planning, management, monitoring and delivery.
- Data compilation, management, report preparation and documentation.
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity at multiple level of stakeholders including teachers, school management committee, parent's teacher association, community groups/people.
- Strong understanding on participatory, integrated community/people-led development work and hands on experience.
- Knowledge on scholarship programs, parental supports, counselling and capacity building,
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point.
- In depth knowledge on classroom management, mentoring and schools on site supports contributing to promote inclusive, quality education.
- Basic understanding on Child rights, protection, disability inclusion, gender equity and social inclusion in education system.
- Ability to administer different tools, formats for program monitoring, assessment, research and evaluation within the framework.
- Strong commitment to work in team promoting team building and feedback culture.
- Willingness to travel and work in mountainous remote region.
- Prior experience of working with schools, government institutions, and familiarity with NGO/INGO working /reporting processes required.
- Experience in education sector, teachers’ training in Nepal and community mobilization.
- Experience in Classroom Teaching, National Curriculum Framework (1-8) of Nepal
- General knowledge in computer MS Office application.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities despite.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, take initiatives independently.
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit CV with two referees along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the office latest 8th Dec 2022. For more detail, visit website: www.reednepal.org.Only short listed applicants will be contacted for further assessment process. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.