Detailed Job description / requirements:
An Education Officer's primary responsibility is to improve the quality of education in UWS Nepal Schools of Sankhuwasabha/Gulmi district. Their responsibility is to make sure s/he is in regular contact with their school mobilizer and visit his/her cluster schools on a regular basis. S/he must provide teacher training and complete monitoring and feedback during school visits. Strengthening the capacity of School Mobilisers and supporting whole school development is a critical aspect of the role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training, Program Development, and Implementation
- Design and development of training content and manuals.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and supervision on all aspects of the program design, including professional development activities to School Mobilizers
- Provides technical and management guidance to School Mobilizers in planning, implementation, and monitoring of education programme
- Assist School Mobilizer in developing training package, work plan, strategic plan and deliver school based teacher training programme
- Managing teaching materials for teacher training programme
- Supports to School Mobilizers to assess ECD to Grade 8 teacher training needs, align such needs into teacher training guide and training resource materials
- Hold monthly staff meetings with School Mobilizers.
- General support to School Mobilizers for day-to-day operations in schools as required.
- Oversee the professional development of School Mobilizers, principals, and school teachers, including training and mentoring teachers in areas of need regularly.
- Advice on the choice of textbooks, equipment, teaching aids, and other educational resources.
- Recruit and train community teachers as required.
- Monitor the schools and support improvements in identified areas of need
- Assist in developing School Development Plan (SDP) for school improvement, and implement suitable interventions (in line with SDP) to raise the quality of education in UWS Nepal cluster schools.
- Support the implementation of UWS’ Child Protection Policy and procedures in all UWS Nepal schools, including raising Child Protection concerns to Child Protection Regional and National Leads.
- Support the implementation of UWS’ Inclusion Policy at school level.
Community Relations and Liaisoning
- Support School Mobilizers to develop relationships with the school management committee and community and ensure they are involved in the school improvement.
- Support School Mobilizers to develop and promote a learning partnership between home, school, and community.
- Liaise with local authorities and build cordial relationships with the government’s education officers.
Reporting, Administration, Evaluation
- Collect and maintain relevant data and statistics for impact monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support monthly and annual impact data collection processes and quality assurance of data at a school level.
- Evaluate and report on the work of School Mobilizers.
- Evaluate and ensure the quality and standards of teaching and learning in UWS Nepal schools.
- Provide technical support to school mobilizers and schools on inclusive education approaches and strategies.
- Coordination of occasional donor visits and volunteers.
- Work collaboratively alongside the other members of the team, sharing resources and ideas.
- Submit a weekly progress report to the supervisor.
- Maintain proper track record of the cause of concern forms in cluster schools and report to regional lead.
- Support activities for other departments at the request of the senior management.
- Work closely with and support the Education Coordinator and the Programmes team and act as an ambassador for UWS at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management across a range of project types in education and child rights
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies and strategies
- Extensive experience in holding ToT trainings in CCA and curriculum development
- Proven track record of coordinating projects involving different stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of programme development with practical experiences in Project Cycle Management and Result Based Management
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Fluency in Nepali language(s) and English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge in Child Rights, Child Protection Policies and Inclusive Education are an asset.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Teacher Professional Development
- People management
- Effective project management
- Risk Management / Safeguarding
*Experience of working in a remote location is a must.
*Should have a 2-wheeler driving license.
*Experience of working with national or international organizations is desired.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a comprehensive CV (max 2 pages) and a supporting statement (no more than 2 pages) to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 5 pm on 31 March 2023.
You should give the names, positions, organizations, and telephone contact numbers of two referees, one of whom should be your current/most recent employer. References will only be taken once your express permission has been granted.
United World Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are only able to accept applications from candidates that have the permanent right to employment in Nepal.
UWS is committed to the safeguarding of children and ensuring we recruit safely is central to this commitment. All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check as a condition of employment.
|Category||Education, Educational Training|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||B. Ed. (Education)|
|Posted Date||16 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||31 Mar, 2023|
|City||Eastern Region, Western Region|