Education Equity, and Social Inclusion Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position Description: Education Equity, and Social Inclusion Specialist
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
DEPARTMENT: Human Rights, Education, and Empowerment
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party, Equity and Inclusion in Education Activity
Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Education Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project “Equity and Inclusion in Education” Activity in Nepal. The project will support the Government of Nepal in reducing the number of out of school children and improving learning outcomes for marginalized students. It will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in agreed upon provinces. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Education Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist will be responsible for providing overall technical expertise and guidance to ensure that the project addresses gender and inclusion gaps in education so that all children - including those who are marginalized and in underrepresented communities - have a safe, supportive environment for quality education.
The Education Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist will oversee all inclusion efforts across the project, including ensuring that gender and inclusion-based approaches are central to project activities. S/he will lead the development of an evidence-based gender and social inclusion analysis and accompanying action plan in collaboration with key technical staff, that will provide overarching project guidance and include specific recommendations for the project. The Education Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party and will work closely with Winrock’s Senior Gender and Social Inclusion Adviser.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of evidence-based equity and social inclusion analysis and the accompanying action plan.
- Conduct training sessions and refresher workshops for activity project staff and partner staff on equity and inclusion principles and how to integrate these into project activities.
- Work with project technical leads to ensure that activities are designed and implemented in accordance with action plans and support gender and inclusion integration throughout the project and project partners as appropriate.
- Work with the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team in the development, application, and monitoring of gender and inclusion indicators and the consistent use of sex- and other elements of disaggregation in reporting to measure inclusion-related impacts and outcomes.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project’s equity and inclusion strategies, including monitoring, assessing, and reporting on the implementation of the Action Plan, in order to ensure compliance in all programming, planning, training, and activities.
- Help facilitate a culture of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) by leading “pause and reflect” sessions on progress and learning in regard to equity and social inclusion in education; document and share learning.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Winrock’s Senior Gender and Social Inclusion Adviser at HQ.
- Review and assess effectiveness of equity and inclusion mainstreaming in the project’s policies and in activities through reports, field visits, and surveys.
- Work with the Communications Officer to integrate equity and inclusion content into communication materials, including “success stories” for quarterly and annual technical progress reports for donor submission.
- Represent the project at relevant conferences, and stakeholder and donor meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree in gender studies, education, social science, development studies, or relevant discipline required.
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience.
- Experience conducting equity and inclusion analyses and designing and conducting trainings.
- Knowledge of gender and other social inclusion considerations (constraints and opportunities) in education in Nepal and main actors in the education sector.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded programs implementing gender and socially inclusive approaches and tools.
- Demonstrated experience advising on gender- and inclusion monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working as a member of a team, and in providing technical support across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, including effectively contributing to joint planning and implementation of activities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including proven ability to lead the design and delivery of participatory training and capacity building activities on equity and social inclusion.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building for government, CSOs/ CBOs, and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with government, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and traditional leaders to achieve common objectives.
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English and Nepali required.
- Ability to travel throughout Nepal (in compliance with Covid-19 restrictions).
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
For more details and application please follow the below link: