KIRDARC Nepal is an NGO dedicated to Human Rights, Peace Building, Media and Development in Karnali Zone since 1999. It works with a mission to enable Karnali people to claim and exercise their rights for poverty reduction and improved livelihoods through their organization, research, policy advocacy and judicious resources mobilization. It has been implementing various project/programs with the funding support of different partner organizations.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First Time Published on 22 November 2021)
KIRDARC is an NGO dedicated to uphold the rights of marginalized and excluded communities through its interventions on Human Rights, Democracy and Good Governance with especial focus on building capacities of right holders, duty bearers and civil society contributing to inclusive growth and fair development. It works with a vision of ‘a just and prosperous society’.
KIRDARC Nepal is implementing the “Building Hope Along Karnali River Basin (BHAKARI)” Program in Tila Rural Municipality and Tatopani Rural Municipality of Jumla district in partnership with MERCY CORPS Nepal. Therefore, KIRDARC Nepal is expecting the job applications from suitable qualified, dynamic and motivated candidates to fulfill the vacant position of DRR Officer based in Tila Rural Municipality, Jumla.
Position Description: DRR Officer, 1 Person (Based in Tila Rural Municipality, Jumla)
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor in Environment/social science or relevant discipline with at least two years of experience of project implementation in Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Response.
Key Skills and Knowledge required:
- Knowledge related on Government’s DRR policy, programme priorities, needs and issues in relation to the sector priorities
- Prior knowledge in DRR training development and facilitation to local representatives
- Good Knowledge on community based disaster risk management (CBDRM) approaches and Local Disaster and Climate Resilience Plan (LDCRP)
- Knowledge on Local Development Planning Process and Vulnerability and Capacity Analysis (VCA).
For more details, visit the detailed Job Description here:
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should send their Application Letter and KIRDARC Job Application Form to email@example.com by 28 November 2021 before 5:00 PM. The CV/Resume is not necessary to submit but the prescribed KIRDARC Job Application Form is mandatorily required to apply. The interested candidates can download the KIRDARC Job Application form from here:
Preference will be given to disadvantaged groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati) and local resident in the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained. KIRDARC Nepal reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason whatsoever.