District Project Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Jan Jagaran Youth Club (JJYC) is a non-government organization established in Bara on 8 January 1998. Since its establishment JJYC Bara is working on Education, Children & women Development, Economic growth & Empowerment, Health, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, Governance and Social justice and Humanitarian Aid and Resilience community.
JJYC Bara is implementing European Union funded SAHAYATRA project in partnership with VSO Nepali in Bara, Parsa, Sarlahi and Rautahat districts. The project aimed to enhance the capacity of local government, Schools SMC/PTA and Teacher on inclusive education and effective learning in targeted districts.
Position: District Project Officer
Duty Station: Field office Gaur, Rautahat with frequent Field Visit
Number of Vacancies: 1
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in social science/ Education/Management or other relevant field of study with 3 years of project implementation experience. Preference will be given to the one who has experience working in inclusive education.
- Understanding of current policy, guidelines regarding education in National and Provincial context.
- Clear understanding of project cycle management tools to ensure effective planning, resourcing, implementation, and review of programs/projects
- Knowledge and Experience of the financial management of budgets, recruitment process including building a budget, and monitoring and managing expenditure
- Experience of people management and support.
- Activity planning, facilitation, and planning/follow-up skills
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or schools/communities and education management level
- Experience on report writing
- Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team
- Fluent in English and Nepali language (writing and speaking)
- IT (MS office) proficiency
- Able to frequently travel
- Desirable (skills that could be an advantage):
- Experience of working with/as volunteer.
- Ability to understand and speak local language of the district/community.
Salary and other Benefits
- Salary and benefits will be as per the provision mentioned in the project and negotiable
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter mentioning with latest curriculum-vitae, and a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Or direct in JJYC Bara, Head office Kalaiya-1, Motibag, no later than 5th July 2022. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Note: JJYC Bara is equal opportunity organization, Local resident, Women, Marginalized and Person with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for the positions.