District Programme Officer
Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
|Position:||District Programme Officer|
|Level/Number:||Sixth level/require number - One|
|Duty Station: ||NRCS District Chapter, Kalikot Project site office located at Pachaljharna Rural Municipality of Kalikot |
|Duration:||Six months, with possibility of extension|
|Minimum Requirements:||At least Bachelor degree passed from recognized institution. Preference will be given to candidates having health background. At least 2 years work experience in the field of development program in health and WASH sector especially in project management, documentation, reporting and monitoring. Need excellent communication, facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to speak and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Computer skills in Office Applications. Age bar Male: 21-35 yrs., Female: 21-40 yrs.|
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to email@example.com by April 11, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components- Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) and NRCS District Chapter Kalikot, District Programme Officer plays vital role to implement action plans and project activities 'Community Action for Health Project (Project code- 443273) and 'Community Action for WASH Project (Project code- 443274) according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure of the programme.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will also provide support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by NRCS CEHP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme. The employee should report to Program unit head of NRCS CEHP and Convener of Project Management Committee of NRCS Kalikot District Chapter. Detailed scope of work includes:
- Provide the input to relevant staff members to implement the project activities related to the Community Health and WASH for district in the close coordination with Palika, ward offices and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare plan of action (annual, quarterly and monthly), ensure the engagement/participation of key health, and WASH partners and stakeholders in different stages of project implementation as required
- Identify the health, WASH needs of the target population in the close coordination with Palika, and ward offices and mobilizing the relevant staff members
- Mobilize the project field staff enabling the working environment in Palika to reform/form community level health and WASH related networks
- Build the capacity of project team members and utilize them to assess and enhance the capacity of community level health and WASH related networks
- Participate in different meetings, workshops and maintain good coordination and linkages with related stakeholders to achieve the optimum result of the programme.
- Demonstrate the process of facilitation of the interaction session in different community networks such as Health Mothers Groups, JYRCs, W-WASH-CCs etc on the presence of project team members and ensure the proper conduction of interaction sessions.
- Support to organize various community level activities/campaigns focused on increasing health knowledge and awareness in the community.
- Coordinate and support Palika to review existing policies, guidelines, strategic plan and assist to update/develop and implement those documents.
- Support health facilities, RM-WASH-CCs and W-WASH-CCs to review, update and implement the health and WASH plan
- Design, collect and ensure proper distribution of IEC/BCC materials in the community
- Organize and facilitate various meetings, workshops and trainings as planned.
- Participate in programme related meetings, orientations, workshops and trainings organized at the level of Palika related to Health and WASH.
- Make regular visit and also coordinate for joint visit to the programme areas to monitor and observe progress of the project and also to provide input to the relevant project team members and community networks as well.
- Develop protocols, manuals, formats and tools etc for the effective implementation of the project
- Organize monthly staff meeting, compile the information, prepare monthly report and send to the relevant team members on time.
- Support to organize the meeting of 'Project Management Committee', review the progress and plan to achieve the target on time
- Coordinate with Palika and ward offices for matching the grant to construct WASH facilities and different health buildings
- Document good practices of the programme, prepare success stories and share in the relevant forums
- Provide impute to admin/finance Assistant for perfect financial recording, reporting and capacity building of community networks on financial management
- Collect and provide the data/information as per the requirement of the programme
- Make the professional communication with NRCS District Chapter, NRCS CEHP and other stakeholders
- Play the bridging role among the NRCS CEHP, NRCS District Chapter and the field team members
- Ensure that the cross cutting issues such as gender, DRR, Climate change adaptation, social inclusion are addressed and mainstreamed in all aspects of WASH and Health interventions
- Fulfill other assignments given by NRCS CEHP