One Heart Worldwide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) since 2011. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential equipment to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and first months of life. OHW is currently working in 9 (Solukhumbu, Ramechhap, Nuwakot, Kavre, Dolakha, Udayapur, Myagdi, Parbat and Sarlahi) districts of Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: District Coordinator
Line Management Report to: Senior Program Coordinator
Supervision: Partner organization’s project team
Duty Station: Dolpa, Rukum West, Salyan (District Headquarters with 70% field visit)
The District Coordinator will be responsible to leads the overall management of OHW’s project in the designated district. This position is responsible to provide overall programmatic support in planning, implementing, and monitoring of activities of his/her district.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership & Management
- Develop an annual project plan, implement, and monitor the project activities to ensure that they are being implemented following the DIP and program implementation guidelines.
- Build sound relationships and coordinate with Partner Organization, Health Office (HO) at the district, District Coordination Committee, urban/rural municipality, health facilities at ward level (HF) and other stakeholders to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the district level.
- Prepare routine requests of the equipment, supplies and other need (program and administrative) and forwards them to the country office/cluster office for procurement.
- Coordinate the District Project Advisory Committee (DPAC) meeting as per the rule set by Social Welfare Council.
- Identify and preempt any serious issues and forward them to the line manager and Kathmandu, and support the partner organization team for program planning and implementation
- Provide support to conduct the performance review plan annually or as needed.
- Ensure appropriate usage of office equipment and supplies.
- Oversee financial projection, and expenditure tracking and ensure the appropriate financial management at partner organization as per OHW policy on time and regularly maintain financial reporting to the cluster office.
- Guide to list out the program logistics at district and municipals and ensure that was registered in HO, respective municipals and health facilities and recipient inventory book before distribution to the designated facilities and personnel.
- Develop partnership scope with municipalities in various activities like birthing center renovation, different training activities, community awareness activities etc. in coordination with a partner organization.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
- Provides technical support to the partner organization, HO, municipal offices, HFs and program focal persons with a special focus on annual health review, capacity building on data management, data analysis, results-oriented program, planning, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation methods and principles, and requirements of relevant donors to ensure compliance.
- Takes the lead to track program progress against program indicators, and online database entry and ensure early identification of any areas needing remedial action.
- Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, routine data collection, and follow-up.
- Be proactive to support OHW Program and Admin functions
- Assist update, reviewing, and developing technical field visit tools, and M&E tools as necessary to cope with the operating environment and establishment effective communication systems within the district
- Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys, and program evaluation and conduct the monitoring and supervision visits at the district, municipal and health facility levels.
- Promote the use of data to inform decision-making and link evidence-based approaches to the achievement of results.
- Support operational research and specialized studies at the district level.
- Solicit and manage local data collection and research teams, as needed.
- Contribute to preparing regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and annual work plans at the district and municipal levels.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report. Also, prepare donor-specific reports if required
- Receive and analyze the MNCH-related activities of the municipality and identify potential areas of partnership
- Provide technical knowledge on MNCH activities if requested by the municipality.
Job Specifications (minimum job requirements):
Academic qualification and work experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health with two years of previous experience in a related field or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Nursing from a recognized University with more than five years of experience in the related field.
Skills and abilities:
- Understanding of health care delivery systems in the Federal context and activities at different levels especially the district level and below
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email and the internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage people, good interpersonal skills, and experience of working in a team.
- Good analytical skills, and experience with program oversight.
- Knowledge and experience in program management and data management.
- Practical experience in facilitation and negotiation skills with government counterparts/stakeholders at different levels.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit the link at https://forms.gle/azYUjq6mvDiBsVHDA and submit their application through the online portal by June 26, 2022.