One Heart Worldwide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and child health for the past ten years. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential equipment to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and first months of life. OHW is currently working in 18 (Sindhupalchok, Panchthar, Bhojpur, Terhathum, Khotang, Taplejung, Okhaldhunga, Sankhuwasabha, Ilam, Solukhumbu, Ramechhap, Nuwakot, Kavre, Dolakha,Udayapur, Myagdi, Parbat and Sarlahi) districts of Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Duty Station: District Headquarter of Dolakha district with 70% field visit.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the direct supervision of Senior Program Coordinator, Central Regional Office, District Coordinator oversees overall program activities of OHW’s Scaling up Network of Safety for Women and Newborns project in Dolakha district. This position is responsible to provide overall programmatic support in planning, implementation, and monitoring of activities of his/her district.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership & Management
- Implement, monitor, and supervise the project activities to ensure that they are being implemented in accordance with the project plan and technical guidelines.
- Build sound relationships and coordinate with Health Office (HO) at the district level, District Coordination Committee, urban/rural municipalities, health facilities at ward level (HF), and other stakeholders in order to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the district level.
- Prepare routine requests of the equipment, supplies, and other needs (program and administrative) and forward to the country office/regional office for procurement.
- Conduct the District Project Advisory Committee (DPAC) meeting as per the rule set by Social Welfare Council.
- Identify and preempt any serious human resource issues and forward them to the line manager and HR officer.
- Provide support and participate to conduct the performance review plan annually or as needed.
- Work with the country office and district partner to the set-up of the district office.
- Ensure appropriate usage of office equipment and supplies.
- Oversee financial projection, expenditure tracking, and reporting of the district level program financials and regularly maintains financial reporting to the regional office.
- List out the program logistics at district and municipals and ensure that was registered in HO, respective municipals and health facilities, and recipient inventory book before distribution to the designated facilities and personal.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Provides technical support to HO, municipal offices, HFs, and program focal persons with a special focus on capacity building on data management, data analysis, results-oriented programming, monitoring, and evaluation methods and principles, and requirements of relevant donors to ensure compliance.
- Takes lead to track program progress against program indicators and ensure early identification of any areas needing remedial action.
- Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, routine data collection, and follow-up.
- Be proactive to support OHW Program and Admin functions
- Assist to update, review, and develop technical field visit tools, M&E tools as necessary to cope with the operating environment and establishment of effective communication systems within the district
- Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys, program evaluation and conduct the monitoring and supervision visits at district, municipal, and health facility level.
- Promote the use of data to inform decision-making and link evidence-based approaches to the achievement of results.
- Support operational research and specialized studies at the district level.
- Solicit and manage local data collection and research teams as needed.
- Contribute to preparing regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and annual work plans at the district and municipal level.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
Job Specifications (minimum job requirements):
Academic qualification and work experience:
- With a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Nursing from a recognized University with more than five years of experience in the related field or Master's degree in Public Health or Nursing with three years of previous experience.
Skills and abilities:
- Understanding of MoHP health care delivery systems and activities at different levels, especially at the district level and below
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email, and the internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage people, good interpersonal skills, and experience of working in a team.
- Good analytical skills and experience with program oversight.
- Knowledge and experience in program management and data management.
- Practical experience in facilitation and negotiation skills with government counterparts/stakeholders at different levels.
Application Process: If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the link: https://forms.gle/opihiBRooFkviWWy6 and complete all relevant fields on the online application form by 5:00 PM 7 March 2021.