Digital Advocacy & Communication Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Digital Advocacy & Communication Officer - One
LDC Watch/SAAPE is looking for a full time Digital Advocacy and Communication Officer with expertise in online and social media communication, public relation and writing skills. He/She will work closely with the Secretariat team of LDC Watch/SAAPE and will be responsible to develop overall communication strategy with a visible social media presence. This would include a strategic plan for effective impact, visibility and dissemination of all aspects of LDC Watch and SAAPEs' work.
Essential tasks & responsibilities
The responsibilities of the DA & CO will include:
- Supporting campaign member organisations to organise, caption, tag, and upload infographics/photographs/contents to social media.
- Collaborating with other national and regional campaign members to develop social media plans ahead of key conferences, events, and opportunities
- Manage organisational social networking accounts, profiles and engaging with diverse audiences across key social media sites.
- Tracking and assessing social media metrics, insights, and best practices to help organisations to improve and engagement with key audiences.
- Drafting and publishing posts, creating pages, content creation and reviewing site contents to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate on social media pages.
- Doing research and maintaining lists of relevant influencers and high-impact hashtags
- Produce video bites, collection of human stories on the issues of fair value chain, fiscal justice and vaccine equity.
- Create and manage audio-visual documentation of organisationa''swork and impact.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in communication, journalism, international relations or related area.
- Knowledgeable in social media tools and techniques (2 years of work experience in these areas)
- Strong communication skills in related fields and ability to write creatively.
- Demonstrated interest in social issues such as women's rights, right to food and food sovereignty, labour rights, social justice, inequality, human rights etc.
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Digital Advocacy & Communication Officer is a full-time position in the organisation. Salary is negotiable.
We treat all applications for employment fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, caste, tribe, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, or disability. Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply by sending your CV along with cover letter and examples of work in pdf document, no later than 15 July 2022 at email@example.com.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.ldcwatch.org and www.saape.org for more details on our work.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||Bachelors in Mass Comm. and Journalism|
|Posted Date||30 Jun, 2022|
|Apply Before||15 Jul, 2022|