Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk IoT/Telematics, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK) provides a start-up like excitement with the stability of a thriving public company. Verisk’s signature automotive telematics effort is the Verisk Data Exchange, which collects IoT telematics data from connected vehicles and provides advanced analytical solutions to its customers.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/telematics/ respectively.
Verisk IoT/ Telematics is seeking Senior DevOps Engineer to become part of DevOps team responsible for the security, compliance, and automation aspects of our IoT/ Telematics suite of applications hosted on AWS infrastructure. You will join the core technology team responsible for the exchange for connected cars and home that is one of its kind in the world! You will have an opportunity to work with exciting, cutting-edge technologies that will enable us to deliver innovative, fast, scalable and reliable products to our customers.
In this role, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented individuals that are responsible for creating and maintaining high traffic, API/web products depended on by top auto manufacturers and insurance companies for their daily business.
- Design and build automated DevOps processes and procedures
- Design build plans, assist developers with AWS services configurations
- Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and resources come up in an automated fashion
- Provide direction to developers with troubleshooting and application errors due to configuration issues
- Debug production outages and take actions resulting from root cause analysis
- Monitor production environment and act to keep systems stable and running
- Lead production deployments and provide off-hour support when needed to troubleshoot problems with mission-critical applications
- Coordinate and collaborate extensively with Agile Development Teams to ensure teams adhere to CICD guidelines in following DevOps processes
- Recommend and implement automated means that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including scripting, integration, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science / Computer Science / Information Technology and 5 plus years of relevant overall experience
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in an AWS environment
- Knowledge of cloud base Git hosting providers like Bitbucket, GitHub and branch management and merging
- Experience setting up CICD pipelines using Jenkins
- Have strong sense of ownership
- Good conceptual base in any programming language
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies
- Knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data analytics
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving and passion for continuous improvement
- Technical knowledge of IT processes to include configuration management, networking, database management, application coding, availability, data center operations, etc.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Preferably certified in AWS skills
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.