Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), USAID/Nepal Localization Support proposal
Details / requirements:
EnCompass LLC seeks Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) localization support activity to be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The $25-50M Localization Support activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical assistance to strengthen the Mission’s ability to ensure that local actors are in the lead role for Nepal’s development. The activity will provide support for: capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive and manage USAID awards; strengthen the mission’s government to government (G2G) programming; and support USAID to improve localization programming.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) on activity planning, implementation, and capacity strengthening support as well as support coordination with local organizations, Government of Nepal, and the Mission. The DCOP will likely provide both technical direction and managerial day-to-day leadership to ensure quality deliverables and a comprehensive approach across activity components.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall strategic vision as well as operational leadership of the Activity, including work planning, financial management, contract compliance and reporting.
- Provide technical direction to ensure all project activities and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness.
- Establish and maintain, with support from the COP, relationships with local organizations, USAID staff, and government stakeholders relevant to the activity components to support achievement of Activity objectives and to disseminate Activity learning.
- Identify and maintain relationships with a diverse set of service providers and collaborating organizations to ensure expertise is available to USAID and the Activity when and as needed.
- Responsible for subcontractor management, including scope of work development, work planning and facilitating learning and collaboration throughout the Activity.
- Supervise key and non-key personnel, supporting day-to-day operations and facilitating work planning for the implementation team. Contribute to establishing a leadership at all levels culture.
- Maintain and support contact with the EnCompass Home Office to help ensure resources are available to facilitate project operations.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws.
- May provide technical assistance and training, as needed, for local organizations, USAID, and government counterparts (to the extent they are involved in USG projects).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years’ experience; or Master’s degree and 10 years’ experience; or PhD and 8 years’ experience in international development/studies, business, statistics, or a related field required
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience implementing international development programs, preferably for USAID, in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Strong understanding of the Nepal context regarding, but not limited to, NGOs, CSOs, national and regional federations, the private sector, non-government education institutions, and the Government of Nepal. Ability to develop strong relationships with mentioned stakeholders.
- Proven client and external stakeholder relations, team leadership, and strategic management skills.
- Significant experience mentoring and coaching staff and working with international and national consultants, staff and subcontractors required.
- Familiarity with using organizational development and/or change management processes and practices in capacity strengthening efforts preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in areas including program design, capacity strengthening, training design and delivery, organizational development, and civil society engagement preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Framework and Local Capacity Strengthening Policy desired.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required.
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply.
- High-level of working proficiency in both spoken and written English. Proficiency in Nepali greatly preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page at https://encompassworld.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/624adf6a-65ab-2d2d-9fea-42181270e8d4/apply?source=2425402-CS-52195
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
|Administrative / Management, Accounting and Finance, Development and Project, Development / Administrative, Development / NGO, Development / INGO
|Based on experience
|B. A. (Bachelors in Art), M. A. (Masters in Art), MBA, M.P.A. (Masters in Public Administration), Master's Degree in Business Administration
|24 Mar, 2023
|23 Apr, 2023