Cyber Security Analyst
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Stupa (the trading name of Stupa Infosec Pvt Ltd) is an Information Security and Cyber Risk Management Practice built on a bold foundation - “Vision Beyond Protection”. Our objective as a part of this vision is to “Think Beyond Adversaries and Lead Triumph Beyond Adversities”, we believe that Information Security can lead a disruptive transformation to support business stability, growth, loyalty and longevity.
Anchored to this bold vision and mission statement is our manifesto built on 3 simple core purposes
1. Influence a “Safer digital experience” by making businesses safer, diligent and resilient -Establish security as a USP for benefit of consumers and the global economy in this interconnected world of information and information system
2. Reduce the existing “Cyber Skills Divide” in the market – Make unmatched global industry level recognized security leadership and expertise more accessible in a simple consumption-based model to emerging businesses and emerging markets globally to help build a future proof security strategy
3. Conviction to close the “Cyber Skills Gap” by celebrating those who are trying hard to win – Invest, nurture and give the fresh graduates and talents much-needed exposure
But above all, when you associate yourself with Stupa, there is much more than just mere business, we are on a mission to improve “Digital Wellbeing”. Our commitment is beyond business profit & loss. We are on a mission to work with wider communities, non-profit institutions, humanitarian organizations and at-risk communities to protect them from being complicit, accomplish or victim of cyber-attack and/or associated crimes.
We are on a mission to link Information security with Digital Wellbeing Activism.
If the above sounds not just interesting but you connect with our ambitious vision, mission and goal beyond profit, then you are welcome to join us.
We are looking for an ambitious, versatile, resilient, and resolute Cyber Security Analyst (Graduate/Junior) to be part of a bold and emerging team supporting a range of cybersecurity operational tasks, including but not limited to, threat and vulnerability management, monitor, investigating and responding to cyber incidents and a knowledgeable and good understanding of threat landscape at network, infrastructure and application levels.
You will be the first line of defence and you will manage the various security technologies and be expected to identify vulnerabilities for escalation to protect our business and our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The cybersecurity analyst will work very directly with the business management and leadership to achieve below
· Review standards and technical controls and methodologies ensuring adherence to Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Accountability, Applicability and program effectiveness of relevant secure by design and compliance of information systems
· Monitor and manage first-line triage function of security events and vulnerabilities.
· Planning, Run and manage vulnerability assessments at Network infrastructure and Application levels
· Evaluate, rate and perform risk assessments on assets
· Co-ordinate with associated teams to explain vulnerabilities and work on remedial fixes of vulnerabilities identified as part of the risk management process
· Help the business and our clients in achieving regulatory and industry compliance due diligence
· Maintain and develop a deep knowledge of the threat landscape. Think like adversaries with the outcome-based mindset to minimise the attack surface and make compromise difficult.
· Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to demonstrate performance and shift in security posture for the leadership team
· Collaborate on managing and improving cybersecurity tools Identity and access management, Cloud security, Secure Email and Web Access, Vulnerability Scanners, Threat Intelligence, Data Loss Prevention, and other multitudes of industry-level detection and response technology.
· Assist secure by design architecture and core processes (where applicable)
· Assist with security awareness training programs for the business
· Take a proactive approach, suggesting new ideas and work hard to create a world-class
· Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
We are looking for a Graduate Cybersecurity Analyst with entry-level knowledge but a strong passion for the following:
· Cloud Security
· Web Application Security
· System Configuration Security
· Endpoint Security
· Identity and Access Management Controls
· Data Loss Prevention
· Incident response and detection
Working with Stupa, you’ll have direct access to the business founders and our clients. You’ll play a critical role in the stability and growth of the business – asking questions, trying innovative approaches and following novel opportunities. Bring your curiosity with the freedom to go in brain fusion with globally decorated industry leader experienced founders and leaders, show and shine on your skills, take responsibility and work flexibly.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or Cybersecurity (Preferred) or in IT field
· Good understanding of information security and cyberspace
· Bold, ambitious fuelled with the aptitude and desire to learn
· Problem solver
· Persuasive and goal-oriented
· Able to professionally and confidently operate and communicate
· Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
· Knowledge of productivity tools and software.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
· Excellent analytical and time-management skills.