Detailed Job description / requirements:
Bethany Vision Nepal (BEVN) is a not for profit organization, with a passion to preserve families and protect children. At the heart of BEVN is the value that each child is ‘as precious as our own’ and ‘every child deserves a family’. We long to see "Every child in a loving, caring and stable family". We help "To prevent, rescue and care for abused, oppressed and abandoned children within the context of family".
This job is entitled to work along with Family Care Project team. The project runs a transit shelter for children who are rescued from the risk or survivors of trafficking, abuse, exploitation or family separation. The rescue and referral are done by concerned agencies of government basically by National Child Rights Council. The referred children are then intervened to undertake necessary procedures for restoration. The counsellor is entitled to provide counselling to children overcoming their trauma and eventually supporting the child’s re-integration into family or other forms of care. The employee works in a close relationship with re-integration staff(s) and care giver(s).
Job responsibilities: Specific
1. Conduct individual and group counselings for clients related to life skills, psycho-education and coping/self-regulation including behavioural therapy.2. Examine the issues including the abuse, bullying, depression, exploitation, anger management, stress etc.
3. Prepare client to enter into the referred forms of care; potentially biological or extended families, foster family or other forms of institutional care including rehabilitation centers for needy cases.
4. Provide relevant and specific information and resources to the client’s need.
5. Write reports with specific recommendations for client’s plan of care. This includes providing findings information to reintegration staffs during the family reintegration processes.
6. Emotionally and mentally prepare survivors for court proceedings, police, lawyer etc. Accompany the clients for court appearances. Be willing to testify in court with regard to the rescued clients.
7. Travel to field during family assessment and reunification processes.
Job Responsibilities: Additional and Support
1. Assist re-integration staffs to make plan of care.
2. Organize and participate in meetings, workshops and rescue campaigns.
3. Willing to stay overtime in shelter home, during the time of crisis or any critical needs.
4. Assist Program Manager to make annual reports, update database etc.
Skills and Experiences:1. Bachelor's in Counselling or BA in social sciences with diploma in counselling.
2. At least 2 years experiences on similar job responsibility
3. Good communication (verbal and written) in English and Nepali. Able to write counselling reports in English and Nepali.
4. Good computer skills (Office package and Internet).5. Good report writing and assessment skills6 Ability to work in team and effectively communicate.
7 Manage stresses.
§ Change in behaviour of the client is visible. (Indicator: client has anger management skills, testifies adequately about the dangers of run-away and prevention skills from abuse and trafficking).
§ Client is recovered from trauma. (Indicator: client shows willingness to reunify into family, ability to forgive, emotionally healed).
§ Child is ready to enter into the referred forms of care. (Indicator: child shows trust to the family into the form of care)
§ The recommendations from counselling directly support re-integrations staffs to prepare plan of care for the child. (Indicator: Re-integration staffs can make the actions for the child)
This post is open to Female candidates only. Please send your detail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org