Consultant - To provide Safeguarding and SEAH training
Detailed Job description / requirements:
TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR)
Consultant - To provide Safeguarding and SEAH training
Trafficking in Persons (TIP) is a global problem that is multidimensional and multisectoral and thus is a complex issue that requires multi-disciplinary solutions with many stakeholders. Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. The 2018 “Walk Free Foundations Global Slavery Index” revealed that two-third out of 40.3 million people around the world who have been living under the modern slavery are in Asia and the Pacific. Out of them 70 percent are women and girls. According to that data 6 percent of total population of Nepal are compelled to live under modern slavery (Walk Free Foundations Global Slavery Index can be accessed here). The Hamro Samman project is a five-year program generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the British people through the United Kingdom’s UK Aid and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the Government of Nepal (GON), civil society, and private sector to combat human trafficking in Nepal.
Hamro Samman Project is seeking qualified consultant for Safeguarding and Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (SEAH) training for safeguarding focal persons from partner’s organization. Hamro Samman has safeguarding policy with the clear statement with zero tolerance against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH). Hamro Samman taking safeguarding and SEAH as a serious misconduct and human right violation. We are committed to preventing SEAH in our workplace and program delivery chain. We remark preventing sexual harassment is everyone’s responsibility, any employee who has been subjected from SEAH is encouraged to report such behavior using reporting channel. Furthermore, anyone who witnesses or becomes aware of potential instances of SEAH should reported such behavior to the same channels.
Hamro Samman is committed to promote safeguarding policy, practices and response mechanism in its downstream partners. Partner organization also develop and implement safeguarding policy, nominate safeguarding focal person in their respective organization. However, safeguarding and SEAH is the new concept for the partners, they need further clarity on safeguarding and its importance, incident handling skill and knowledge as well as incident reporting and response process. Thus, partners need technical capacity to deal with safeguarding incidents. To fulfill this gap, partners nominated safeguarding focal person and we are planning to conduct basic safeguarding training to them.
TASKS AND OUTPUT:
The Consultant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a content and PPT slides package on safeguarding and SEAH
- Deliver one day training session to Hamro Samman and partner’s safeguarding focal person
- Provide a report after delivery of training sessions.
TIMING, DURATION AND LOCATION:
This consultancy period will be for 5 days which include preparation, training delivery and reporting. The expected date of this consultancy will be last week of August 2021. The breakdown of the days as mention below:
|1||Preparation contains and PPT slides||2 Days|
|2||Delivery training session||2 Days|
|3||Report preparation and submission||1 Day|
Depending on the COVID situation, we will decide on the training venue, whether it will be virtually or physically as per government guidelines.
Education: Minimum master’s degree in law/social science related field
Technical: Good theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding on safeguarding and SEAH, familiar with donor’s safeguarding complains and incident reporting mechanism
- The applicant must have extensive expertise in rolling out safeguarding and SEAH training, Safeguarding and SEAH policies, procedures and compliances for non-profits and civil society organizations.
- 5 years of experience in safeguarding and protection issues
- The applicant should be familiar with the legislations and policies governing non-profits and civil society organizations and the best practices in management of different types of non-profits and civil society organizations
- The applicants should have relevant academic background and demonstrating strong experience on safeguarding and SEAH implementation.
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English with excellent communication, facilitation and writing skills.
TO APPLY: Interested Nepalese nationals can submit the following documents to HamroSammanRecruitment@winrock.org with the subject “Consultant- To provide Safeguarding and SEAH Training” in the subject line. Application closes on 29 July 2021.
- A resume/CV outlining relevant experience and work references
- An expression of interest, stating suitability for the assignment, with one or more samples of previous work.
- A proposal that includes:
- Brief concept note outlining tentative work plan for assignment with the cost estimate.
- Financial proposal for the piece of work proposed in the TOR with evidence to support the proposal.
- PAN and/or VAT registration required. For firms, latest tax clearance certificate and company registration is mandated.
All employees and consultants must adhere to USAID, UK Aid, and Winrock International's code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in person provisions covered in the project agreement.