Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published Date - May 23, 2023
International Development Enterprises (IDE) Nepal, is an International NGO with market-based agriculture and WASH development program in Nepal. iDE has been working in Nepal since 1992. From irrigation and good quality seeds to, more recently, rural collection centers where farmers can sell their produce, we provide simple innovations that help rural communities get out of poverty and adapt to climate change. iDE is recruiting a communications consultant for its Central Office, Lalitpur immediately.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION/ REQUIREMENT
Position: Communications Consultant
Reports to: Program and Operations Manager
Required No: One
Type: Fixed term until December 2023 based in Country Office
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop outreach materials to advance the visibility of iDE Nepal, its objectives, and projects both to external and internal audiences, according to the organization's communications and business strategies. This might include (but is not limited to) brochures/leaflets, success stories and best practices, blogs, and multimedia products including photo galleries, videos, etc.
- Review existing documentation, perform desk research, and interview subject matter experts to understand the latest trends in international development and, specifically, iDE’s current portfolio of approaches and methodologies.
- In close collaboration with the program team maintain the official website page and the social media accounts with timely, relevant, and well-presented information;
- Gather and prepare engaging content (photos, videos, and stories) from field visits following Action for Nepal standards and guidelines.
- Oversee content development for the Nepal page on the iDE global website and coordinate with iDE’s global communication team for regular updates.
- Create and handle various social media platforms in compliance with the guidelines set by iDE’s global headquarters.
- Preparation of presentations, reports, and agenda papers to support high-level meetings.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure iDE Nepal branding requirements, layout/formatting, and editing of the documents, reports, and presentations, and ensure the quality and standardization of organizational requirements.
- Support the project team to prepare periodic and final reports including major accomplishments, lessons learned, and challenges.
- Maintain communication systems through the use of digital applications that enable staff to find finished communications products and quickly grasp the broader content and applicability to their needs.
- Act as liaison for different media organizations to disseminate iDE Nepal’s project information, outcomes, success stories, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Program and Operations Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Journalism, Management or Social Science or a relevant field.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including writing and editing, and an ability to work independently. Very strong English writing skills are critical.
- 1 year’ of professional work experience in communication, public relations or project with experience managing and executing across several media channels in a variety of writing styles from technical writing to fundraising campaigns.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented. Ability to find insights in technical documents and craft compelling narratives that help others understand complex interactions
- Very good computer skills, including the use of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and Google Apps.
- Able to travel to project sites in order to collect case studies and success stories.
How to Apply
Submit an updated CV and Cover Letter mentioning the expected monthly gross salary by May 29, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
As per the gender and workforce diversity policy of iDE, female candidates and/or candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.
|Category||Media / Journalism, Development and Project|
|Education||Bachelors in Mass Comm. and Journalism, Bachelor's degree in social science|
|Posted Date||23 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||29 May, 2023|