Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator (CKMC)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published date: 13 March 2023
|Title of the position||Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator (CKMC)|
|Location||Kathmandu based and travel to districts as per the requirement|
|Published date: ||13 March 2023|
|Application deadline||20 March 2023|
|Starting Date||As soon as possible|
|Duration of contract||One year (Three months’ probation and yearly renewal contract on the
basis of performance appraisal)|
|Reports to||Program Manager ad Strategic Advisor|
The Story Kitchen (TSK) is a not for profit distributing company registered in September 2012 under the Companies Act, 2006 Nepal. We envision a society, where every woman's voice is heard, her existence is accepted, her work is accounted, and her contribution is valued. Our mission is to create a safe space for herstories and amplify the experiences of women in our history. We are driven by the passionate belief that sharing and listening to the stories of women can build the movement and it helps to ignite social change. In short, TSK is a space to amplify Herstory.
If you are willing to take leadership in this exciting work, TSK invites you to apply for the position of Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator (CKMC). Below are the Terms of Reference for this position:
In close coordination with and strategic guidance from the Strategic Advisor the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator (CKMC) will take the lead in achieving the mission and objectives of TSK. The CKMC will be responsible for ensuring the effective flow of information and knowledge within and outside the organization.
Some major responsibilities of the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator (CKMC) will include:
- Content Writing: Develop written content for various communication channels, such as websites, social media platforms, newsletters, brochures, reports, and presentations.
- Social Media Policy: Develop and implement a social media policy that outlines guidelines and best practices for the organization's social media presence.
- Branding Policy: Develop and implement a branding policy that outlines guidelines for the organization's visual and written branding.
- Website and Social Media Management: Manage the organization's website and social media channels, including developing and updating content, responding to comments and inquiries, and analyzing performance metrics.
- Review Project Reports: Review project reports to ensure they align with the organization's branding and messaging.
- Visual and Graphic Content: Produce visual and graphic content, such as infographics, videos, and images, to support communication and knowledge management efforts.
- Knowledge Management: Develop and implement knowledge management strategies to capture, organize, and share knowledge within the organization.a
- Metrics and Evaluation: Develop metrics and evaluation criteria to assess the effectiveness of communication and knowledge management strategies and identify areas for improvement.
- Project Management: Coordinate communication and knowledge management projects, including managing timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Training and Support: Provide training and support to team members on communication and knowledge management tools and processes.
Required qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Applicant will have a Masters’ Degree in Communication/Journalism or other related field with at least three years of work experience in similar position/responsibility or Bachelors’ Degree in Communication/Journalism or other related field with at least five years of work experience in similar position/ responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability in content writing, social media management, branding, visual and graphic content creation, and knowledge management.
- Good track record of developing and implementing communication and knowledge management strategies.
- Excellent command of both Nepali and English language (written and spoken). Research and analysis skills would be an added value.
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- The applicant will be a good facilitator, inspiring leader, and passionate advocate for women's rights.
- The working knowledge and experience on storytelling and good knowledge of Nepali Media Landscape would be an added value.
- The applicant will be a person of high integrity, committed to meeting deadlines and should have a passionate belief in The Story Kitchen's vision and mission.
The application should consist the following documents:
- A cover letter, including expected monthly Salary and possible date of joining.
- A recent Curriculum Vitae with at least two reference name and contact information.
The application document must be sent to the following email address mentioning the name of the position in the email subject line. The deadline to submit the application is 20 March 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained.
The Story Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||13 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||20 Mar, 2023|