Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC) is the country's first agri-focused business incubator and innovation platform. NABIC's objective is to support and nurture start-ups and growth-oriented agri-entrepreneurs to reach their full potential. NABIC invites applications from qualified, motivated, and dynamic candidates to lead the organization through its next stage of growth and development.
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Work station: Kathmandu with some travel as required
Accountable to: Board of Directors
- Strategy and business planning: Formulate and recommend strategy and business plan for approval of the Board.
- Annual Budgeting and financial planning: Prepare annual budget and financial projections for approval of the Board.
- Implementation of Business Plan: Execute Business Plan to attain agreed business objectives and targets.
- Projects and assignments: Ensure timely and quality delivery of projects and assignments.
- Operational management: Ensure proper day to day operational management and control of NABIC.
- Board Support: Provide support for smooth functioning of Board of Directors. Assume leading role in organizing the Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings as required.
- Regulatory compliance: Ensure full compliance with all statutory compliance requirements including those related to Office of Company Registrar, Taxation/Internal Revenue Department, LabourLaws, etc.
- Good governance: Maintain transparency and maintain high standards of institutional governance.
- HR management: Ensure proper talent acquisition, staff management and development to support organizational performance.
- Business development: Pursue fund-raising and business development opportunities.
- Stakeholder management: Build and maintain cordial relations with all relevant stakeholders.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Commerce, Economics, Agri-economics, Agribusiness or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of agriculture/agribusiness development or SME promotion including working with Government and development partners
- Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree with more than 10 years of relevant experience will also be considered
Competencies and attributes
- Strong communications, influencing and negotiations skills
- Ability to conceptualize and formulate agri-enterprise development projects and initiatives to support business development efforts
- Good networker with expertise in marketing of concepts and proposals
- Advanced consulting and project management skills
- Team worker with collaborative leadership orientation
Interested candidates should submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CEO NABIC" in subject line. Applications should consist of:
- Cover letter.
- CV of not more than four pages with two professional references.
Last date of application: 20th May 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NABIC values and promotes diversity. Women and candidates from excluded and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.