Chief Executive Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience tobuild a new digital business in the financial services sector. The ideal candidate is business savvy, has an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature, and a vast network in the financial services industry and start-up ecosystem.
The CEO will have primary responsibility for leading company operations, the overall growth strategy, organizational leadership, financial and organizational management, external communications, and marketing and sales efforts. He/she will also be responsible for the development and management of advisor and investor relationships.
The CEO will also be responsible for providing the short term and long term company vision as wellas the development of the sales and marketing strategy. He/she will also be responsible to achieve fundraising and revenue objectives.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in star-tup companies (or will have learned from previous failures) focused on the wants and needs of consumers in the financial services industry.
In addition to being the face, voice and spirit of the company, the candidate must demonstrate atrack record in financial services and technology.
Focus During the First 12 Months:
- Create an appropriate user acquisition strategy
- Develop and lead execution of product development, marketing and customer service
- Establish strategic partnerships with other companies to reach the ambitious user growth targets
- Create an appropriate short/long term vision
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leadership-Provide vision and leadership that attracts followers
- Public relations, including evangelising technology entrepreneurship through public speaking, digital media, and representing the start-up sector.
- Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization
Strategy & Planning
- Develop short/long term company and product roadmap.
- Establish and implement short- and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Build and motivate a world-class product, marketing and customer service team.
- Responsible for all elements of HR, employee compensation plans, and benefits.
- Develop a financial plan for the organization
- Oversee operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances.
- Create and revise all content while building a world-class content development team.
- Establish strategic partnerships with other companies in order to reach the ambitious user growth targets
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive executive management team to include all company employees, while establishing a basic personnel policy, initiating and monitoring policies relating to personnel actions and training and professional development programs.
- Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and employees.
- Ensure company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices.
- Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones to investors.
Requirements & Qualifications
- University degree, preferably MBA in the field of business administration and finance.
- Prior experience in sales and/or leadership efforts in a start-up company preferably with abackground in financial services.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams.
- Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day operations .
- Extensive experience in fund investor relationships.
“A very-well funded FinTech Start up is seeking to recruit a dynamic Chief Executive Officer, to be based in Nepal. The ideal candidate must have masters degree from reputed University with minimum 10 years of experience as H/She will be responsible to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company by being a high growth technology innovator, a full fledge enterprise tech leader and a seasoned international business developer.
The CEO will work closely with the Board and other group companies to provide strategic leadership to the organisation along with overseeing the implementation and steering the organisation to its next stage of growth and development, while keeping the human factor in perspective.
Monthly renumerations will be as per market standards and no bar for the right candidate with proven track record. “