Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the position of Associate Director, Operations and Finance for an anticipated USAID Nepal-supported project entitled quite and Inclusion in Education. This position will be based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to the project’s target provincesand is contingent upon award and funder’s approval.
The anticipated five-year USAID Nepal-supported Equity and Inclusion in Education activity will support the Government of Nepal to improve equitable access to quality basic education services for marginalized communities. The objectives are to reduce the number of out-of-school children and improve learning outcomes for marginalized students. Areas of focus may include decreasing financial barriers to education, increasing use of targeted non-formal education, increasing enrollment in early childhood education, increasing the relevance of education, and improving equitable teaching practices. This activity will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in one or more of the following provinces: Province No. 2, Sudurpaschim, and/or Karnali.
The Associate Director, Operations and Finance is responsible for supporting the CoPin staff, operational, and financial management. In close coordination with the Finance and Admin Director andCoP, the Associate Director will oversee administrative, operational, and finance and be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with a diverse range of capabilities. Additionally, s/he will provide operational oversight on financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, contracts and grants, asset management, information and communications technologies (ICT), general administration, and will lead efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, as well as timely and effective delivery of program activities.
- Coordinate closely with Finance and Admin Director and CoP to lead financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Responsible for implementing and enhancing internal organizational and financial processes.
- Ensure compliance with US Government and Government of Nepallaws, regulations and policies regarding contracts and grants, procurements, and financial management.
- Manage the planning and implementation of field activities, including oversight of budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance.
- Ensure efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and supervision to program staff and managers who are charged to implement activities within the assigned area of expertise.
- Provide guidance and capacity building to local sub-recipients in project and financial management in order to prepare them to become a USAID implementing partner.
- Collaborate with FHI 360’s country team, Regional Office and headquarter-based staff to ensure the project is implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework, and regulations.
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting.
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and management of operational/financial local staff and consultants.
- Support performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor or Chief of Party or Country Director.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, social sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible operational and financial management experience in support of large-scale international development programs.
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects.
- Proven leadership in the administration of similar-sized international donor technical assistance projects.
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience, especially related to USAID programming.
- Effective strategic planning and project management skills.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials, and donor representatives.
- Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross-program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Government rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding compliance and reporting on projects and programs.
- Fluency in English and Nepali required; knowledge in local language from Province No. 2, Karnali, and/or Sudurpaschim will add a value.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in in virtual/digital environment and in different time zones across the globe.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for application is till October 22, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.