Admin & Finance Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Tarangini Mahila Adhikar Prashikshyan Kendra (Tarangini Foundation), established in 2017, is a non-profitable organization working on an initiative for integrated security and feminist documentation. The Sanskrit word 'Tarangini' means ‘Tranquility’ in English. This term is chosen for the institute because it better represents the harmonious relationship among the women who have been engaging in the feminist movement of Nepal since long. 'Tarangini Foundation is established to documentthe knowledge generated by feminist since long to make women’s invisible work and struggle visible, feminist mentorship to bridge intergenerational gap within women’s movement , self-care skill building workshops , need based support and create solidarity support to minimize the risk of burnout of feminist working for social justice. To take her activities forward by reaching to as many as feminist as possible Tarangini Foundation invitesqualified candidates for the following positions:
Admin & Finance Officer - 1
Location: Kathmandu with frequent visit to the program areas
Qualification/Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degreein Accountancy or Management with at least 2 years of work experience or preferably Masters in the same field.
- Responsible for overall management of finance and administration of the organization.
- Plan and prepare consolidated budgets of the organization.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, Advances and payroll; the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate, and organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Manage the entire financial and accounting activities of the organization.
- Prepares financial statement for internal, specific and general purpose.
- Monitor the budget and prepare management accounts and budget variance report for the Board, management team and related staff for the effective utilization of funds.
- Provides support to Program Director and Program Officers as per the financial provision in the project.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors on audit.
- Provide training and orientation to concerned staffs on account and finance management.
- Assist the Executive Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings.
- Uphold and promote principles and values of Tarangini Foundation.
- Carry out work as per the need of the organization.
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should send their applications along with their CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com by 12th July, 2019. For more information visit our website at www.tarangini.org.np
Note: Women are highly encouraged to apply for the positions. Only the short listed candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.