Admin and finance Officer (Part time)
Details / requirements:
and finance Officer (Part time):
Rural Community Sustainable Development center (RCSDC), an NGO working to promote renewable energy technology for climate change mitigation, sustainable agriculture, livelihood enhancement and girl-child education in Madhesh and Bagmati province.
The Admin/Finance Officer is a crucial member of the organization. The Admin/Finance Officer will provide administration and finance support to the organization and will closely work with the RCSDC board and direct supervision of the senior manager and team leader of the organization. The post holder will be based in Janakpur office and partial visit to Kathmandu office along with partial field visit.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Responsible for logistical arrangement and overall administration
- Procurement of office materials/ equipment preparing purchase requisition, collecting quotations and compiling them with adequate documentation
- Prepare, update and implement office policies and procedures
- Purchase, store and distribute office supplies
- Handle petty cash so that the maximum amount never exceeds the limit
- Update the inventory and maintain a proper recording system
- Ensure confidentiality of all office records
- Ensure the security of hard copy files and back-ups of soft copies of office documents
- Human resources management
- Keep records of time sheets and leaves of staff
- Ensure all the registrations of the organization are up to date
- Coordinate and assist in the organization of events, workshops and meetings
- Coordinate with banks, Internal Revenue Department, Social Welfare Council, District Administration Office and other offices as and when required
- Provide admin/finance/logistic support as and when required
- Prepare vouchers and make journal entries
- Prepare data entries to Accounting Software for monthly accounts
- Prepare monthly, half-yearly and year-end closing of accounts
- Staff salary distribution and process payments to vendors, contractors, consultants and other payees
- Ensure all expenses are made within the assigned project budgets and donor requirements/contracts as per the approved plans
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Facilitate audit of the organization and projects; prepare statements and documents for audit
- Ensure deduction at source & advance payment of income tax & VAT; safekeeping of all tax and VAT related documents and filing of e-returns
- VAT tracking and claim process
- Develop, update and implement financial systems and procedures
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded
- Prepare monthly quarterly and final financial reports of the project
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in business administration or a related field with at least two years of relevant experience in an NGO setting
- Excellent knowledge of accounting
- Good knowledge of the labor law
- Good knowledge of office procedures
- Good understanding of the tax system in Nepal
- Good computer skills in using Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Good knowledge of using accounting software/s and manual setting.
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills in Nepali and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think analytically, strategically, critically, and outside the box
- Excellent timely communication manner – online, telephone and face-to-face
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Ability to take own initiatives but also to work as a part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to prepare plans, set priorities and implement activities in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of work-related information
- Sensitivity to gender, ethnicity and children and young people in difficult circumstances
SALARY AND BENEFITS
As per the organizational rules
RCSDC is an equal opportunity organization and the vacancy is open for all, regardless of their gender, ethnicity and socio-economic background.
The post-holder’s work may include direct contact with children and young people, face-to-face or online. RCSDC is committed to the protection of children and young people from abuse and exploitation. In order to ensure children and young people are safe, our selection process includes rigorous background checks.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application with a statement on how they can contribute to this role, a curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 December 2023, with “Admin/Finance Officer” as the subject. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and further selection process. The successful candidate MUST be available to commence work within two weeks of receiving the job offer. Employment is conditional upon receipt of two references and a successful background check.