Independent Living Center Lalitpur Run completely by persons with disabilities (PWDs) the Independent Living Center (ILC) Lalitpur is a non-profitable and non-political self-aid organization. As a non-governmental organization (NGO) the Independent Living Center focuses on the establishment and the protection of the rights for persons with a disability, furthermore the Independent Living Center works to improve the availability of public access and gives the service of independent living, the personal assistant (P.A.) and peer counseling. Registered in 2010 AD at the District Administration Office of Lalitpur Nepal under the Institution registration Act-1977, the Independent Living Center Lalitpur is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council Nepal and is associated with several national and international development partnerships, organizations, and networks.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Independent Living Center Lalitpur (ILC-Lalitpur) is completely non-profitable and non -political self-help organization run by persons with disabilities (PWDs). This is a non-governmental organization established to work for the promotion and protection of the human rights of persons with disabilities through the concept of independent living in Nepal. ILC Lalitpur has partnership with Nepal Government and other development partners. Among them "Strengthening and Spreading the Independent Living concept in Nepal" (SSILC), a USAID funded Project is being implemented in five districts (Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Makawanpur, Morang and Kailali) of Nepal joint partnership with Phase Nepal.The project aim is to support persons with disabilities to make themto live independently and being included in the community.
Department: Administration and Finance
Duty Station: ILC Lalitpur
Gross Salary: 37,366
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
DELIVERABLE GOALS: MAIN TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead on the procurement of goods and services as per the organization policies.
- Ensure that goods and services are timely procured and of good quality.
- Develop an annual procurement plan.
- Maintain roster of consultants and vendors
- Maintain inventory and periodic monitoring of consumable goods and fixed assets
- Support on the organizational renewable and project approval
- Support the line manager on carrying out administrative functions of the organization
- Support the Management Committee on financial and administration decisions.
- Support the Management Committee on revision/ amendment of organization policies.
- Preparation of the Monthly Financial Statements, Income & Expenditure Account, Balance Sheet and Supporting Schedules for Project Operations together with expenditure analyses by program and such other supplementary information as may be required by the donors.
- Carry out monitoring of expenditures against budgets and the investigation of significant variances.
- Receive bank statement, agrees to bank ledger, and prepares reconciliation
- Undertake or assist on audits of accounts as required
- Reconcile the periodic accounts with periodic balances
- Responsible for day to day operation of finance section including preparation of cheques, party- payment, float disbursement and settling of financial transactions with the staff and third party.
- In consultation with Finance Manager and Project Team, prepare and compile yearly project Budget.
- Play major role in field budget preparation, compilation and maintaining the hard and soft copy of such workings.
Recording and Reporting
- Prepare and submit financial statement and monthly expenses to the FM for final approval and to distribute to program teams
- Keep up-to-date accounting and record of Provident Funds and other benefit packages provided to project staff
- Chase up outstanding floats and advances, and prepare monthly financial statement of transactions for monitoring variances
- Produce financial information and budget-monitoring information regularly to help program team
- Maintain and strengthen the standard of work and credibility of the organization in and outside of office
- In addition to above listed responsibilities, perform other tasks as directed by the concerned authorities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor Level in Commerce (BBA/BBS) or above.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of handling accountancy in an I/NGO. Experience of using FAMAS software.
- Well-motivated, team member able to work alone and/or without supervision.
- Have sound judgement and the ability to make difficult decisions independently.
- Required Competencies
- Detailed and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High drive for results
- Negotiation and Coordination Skills
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV along with application to email@example.com by 18 June, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.