Monitoring and Evaluation Officer : Detail
- Company: NGO
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
- The M&E Officer position has been established in line with the need for a strong institutional response to implement and coordinate the project activities at Central and District Level Offices. Commitment to the Result-based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBME) Framework in particular and Project Cycle Management (PCM) in general is the primary role of Programme Officer.
- The M&E Officer will ensure knowledge management and monitoring and RBME Framework implemented in a timely fashion to obtain the envisioned results.
- The M&E Officer will provide additional responsibilities of providing technical support to District Offices in the areas identified as and when required.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to RBME Framework of the organization.
- Supervise regular data collection through District Offices and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Coordinator.
- Support in conducting perception surveys and independent evaluation of the project (annual, mid-term and end-line).
- Support Project Coordinator in developing quarterly and the annual project and organisational reports.
- Develop project monitoring plan of the projects in line with project RBME and in consultation with Project team
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team and improve learning and sharing mechanisms in the project
- Support the Project Coordinator in the development of analysis and technical papers as part of policy interventions as mentioned in Policy Framework or as and when required.
- The M&E Officer will report directly to the Project Coordinator.
- At least Bachelor Degree in the field of governance, local planning and development, social accountability, social development, social science or any other relevant subject matter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation particularly in the field of governance and social accountability.
- Proven experience of field data collection and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially RBME systems in development organisations
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes, data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Knowledge and experience in information sharing and dissemination for the purpose of lobby and advocacy.
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali and spoken in Maithili.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues, particularly GESI, Conflict Transformation, HRBA, IGG, Evidence-base and Feedback Loop and Anticorruption.
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
- Experience of conducting research
- Experience of organising lesson-learning sessions
- Handling data through SPSS or such softwares
- Communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
- Knowledge and experience of organisational capacity development.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Accountability tools applied by civil society and to be practiced by Duty Bearers.
- Case Study/Case stories preparation
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.