IT Assistant : Detail
- Company: Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI)
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: CECI- Nepal, Naya Basti Marga, Baluwatar,
- Information Technology
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
SUSASAN – Sustainable Use of Technology for Public Sector Accountability in Nepal
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR IT ASSISTANT
Position: IT Assistant
Duration: Initial for 1 year and extension is possible based on satisfactory performance. (Total project period 4 year).
Location: Kathmandu with frequent field visit
Reporting: Team Leader and thematic expert
The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) is an international non-governmental organization which works in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CECI has been working in Nepal since the last 28 years. CECI’s mission is to combat poverty and exclusion. To this end, it builds the developmental capacities of local disadvantaged communities, supports peace, human rights and equity initiatives, mobilizes resources and fosters the exchange of knowledge.
CECI has been implementing Canadian Government (Global Affair Canada-GAC) funded project "SUSASAN – Sustainable Use of Technology for Public Sector Accountability in Nepal" in six districts: Kavrepalanchowk, Lalitpur, Bajhang, Accham, Dadeldhura and Kailali. The ultimate outcome of this project is to increase the empowerment of women and men, girls and boys, and marginalized groups, to engage and participate in democratic processes equitably and inclusively, to enjoy and exercise their human rights through increasing access and use of integrated technologies in governance. The SUSASAN project will work in Municipal and Rural Municipal government level involving four components (1) Enhancing Citizen Engagement and Influence; (2) Establishment of Techno Hubs; (3) E-Governance Capacity Building and Accountability as well as; (4) Project Management. It focuses on addressing digital technology gaps and develop specific strategies to reach women and marginalized groups (WMG).
The IT assistant will work in close coordination with SUSASAN Team leader, thematic experts and project implementing partners particularly with technology partner. S/he will involve in the design and implementation of technological platforms and innovations for the citizen-state engagement. Also provides technical backstopping including troubleshooting supports to the concerns of all project districts and involves in day to day operation of the SUSASAN website as well MIS. Produce periodic reports related to ICT.
3. Job summary
The IT assistant will have proven skill in system installation, design, troubleshooting and administering the hardware, software, developing of ICT and data management in the project.
4. Job Responsibility
- Work closely with technical (IT) partner of the project,
- Deal with the system problems as for the Project users.
- Follow up and supervise the installation of new apparatus.
- Responsible for setup, development, maintenance and update of the system (hardware and software) and website.
- Involve in the regular update of SUSASAN website and MIS.
- Take security procedure for the system and data.
- Troubleshoot systems and networks.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software failures.
- Provide supportive documentation; including procedural documentation.
- Administer the web system related to project to serve the system, program team and users
- Conduct orientation on using the technological platforms and web-based applications.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Provide other technical support required for the project.
5. Required qualification and experience:
- University Degree in Computers and Information Technology from recognized university and have proven 2 years work experience in the ICT field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skill in English and Nepali
- Nepali typing skill (preeti and unicode) is preferable
- Must have advanced knowledge of current technologies available in the IT world
- Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including interactive web development, data administration and analysis, email, firewall, client- ‐servers, network security, network protocols,
- Proven skill in troubleshooting and maintenance of IT system, including hardware and software.
- Worked independently for multiple projects, priorities, and locations.
- Familiarity with working with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Wordpress, Drupal, Moodle etc.
- Experience with using design tools such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator would be an added bonus.
- Knowledge of developing interactive tools (ICT based) for the citizen engagement would be an asset.
Salary: CECI offers competitive salaries based on its salary scale.
Interested candidates should apply with their full bio-data mentioning expected monthly salary by 18 January 2018 at email@example.com
No telephone enquiries will be entertained in regard to this announcement. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the interview.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups/areas (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, Economic and or geographically excluded districts) are encouraged to apply.