English Teacher cum Hostel Head : Detail
- Company: Stay at School Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Sano Bharyang, Nagarjun-2, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Full Time / Contract
- 1+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Organization: Junbesi Secondary School
Position: Secondary English Teacher cum Hostel Head
Location: Junbesi, Solududhkunda-2, Solukhumbu, Nepal
Junbesi Secondary School is seeking a qualified female secondary level English Teacher cum Hostel Head. Hard working and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and commitment to contribute for the children of remote school make best fit for the position. The position involves teaching in Year 8-10 and also acting as a Hostel Head for girl students. Motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning and excel in the English subject is what we are looking for. She should act as a role model and committed leader for girls, caring and empowering them.
Stay at School Nepal (SSN) works with Nepali communities to create brighter futures through better education. Working initially in lower Solukhumbu, SSN is developing inspiring boarding houses for senior students so that they can devote their full energies to their studies at a crucial time in their academic careers. SSN is supporting Junbesi Secondary School by sponsoring a female English Teacher cum Hostel Head as part of its project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in English from a reputed University
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Soft skills of research, facilitating community engagement, and educational attainment
- Willingness to live and adapt in the remote mountain village with basic facility provided by the school
- At least 1 years’ experience in teaching English at secondary level
- Commitment for at least 2 years
Salary and benefits: Attractive package of salary and benefits, including room and board based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with at least 1 reference by email to:
email@example.com before 5 PM, 31 March, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Preference will be given to the local candidates. This vacancy is applicable only for the female candidates.