We specialize in global development; we build partnerships and technology that can change the way the world works for the poorest and most vulnerable people in our societies.
Every line of code we write at YoungInnovations has an impact, which is appropriate, given that our key goal is to increase the impact of the work that global development organisations do. We build products, tools and websites that focus on solving problems by providing tailored and innovati
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
About the job
You will work closely with Technical Lead and other Senior Software Engineers to ensure that code is of high quality, that our QA processes are followed down to the letter, that the product backlog gets organised, updated and completed during every Sprint. It’s also down to you to communicate effectively and professionally with the client, to own the product development and to ensure that your team is sufficiently resourced in order to deliver great quality products on time.
- Develop the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies.
- Write quality code with utmost attention to scalability and performance
- Enforce coding standards in the project team through formal code reviews
- Identify project risks and clearly communicate risks and expectations to your team members and your management
- Communicate proactively with clients regarding projects’ status and progress
- Stay aware of industry trends and use these to make informed technology choices and strategic decisions
You’re a problem solver who understands & analyzes problems. You are not afraid to iterate and generate various options for a solution. You understand and implement design principles. You love to collaborate and have experience in working in a team. You believe in our vision and want to join us in our journey.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a ReactNative Developer/ Software Engineer with additional 2 plus years of experience in software development.
- Experienced in writing unit tests
- Knowledge of GraphQL and REST
- Working knowledge of git and its branching models
- Working knowledge of linux system and server administration
- Experience in software architecture design
- Experience working in agile environment
- Experienced in code reviews
- Proficiency in code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and prioritize deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on clear and proactive communication
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
Nice to have
- Experience in other programming languages and databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Neo4j)
- Experience in native application development in android and ios
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 and other frontend technologies
- Understanding of QA process
- Have used various programming languages and paradigms
Feel like this position been tailor-made for you? Are you the perfect fit? Tell us why you think so. Send your CV, a snappy cover letter which highlights your expertise, skills and experience, and any relevant links/attachments to your work to our Careers team with the post you are applying for as the subject at email@example.com
|08 Mar, 18|
|07 Apr, 18|
Special Instructions for Applicants: