APEIRON fights against prejudice, violence, and inequalities so that women develop skills necessary to support themselves and their families. APEIRON helps women confront uphill battles: gender based violence, restricted access to and control over resources, low literacy, struggles to obtain citizenship documents, and other social and economic challenges.
APEIRON invites applications from the interested and eligible candid
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TERM & LOCATION: Long Term Residential position based in Kathmandu
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time Contractual
PURPOSE: To support the daily operation of Children Home
Implementing the program
- Ensure that all program activities are conducted in the best interest of residents
- Looking after the welfare of children inside children home
- Promoting children's rights and duties
- Responding to child protection concerns and complaints
- Taking part in care planning, statutory case reviews and conference
- Monthly report and submit to the head office
- Annual report and submit to the head office
- Any other report related to Children Home
- Manage budgeting, daily expenses entry keeping, monthly statements
- Monitor the children home inventory, store and equipments.
- Be accountable of all staff ( Tuition Teacher/s, Counselor, Assistant/s etc
- Supervising of all the children home staffs involved in program
- Ensure that the professional activities of the staffs are in line with the spirit and objectives of the program.
- Coach the team and Conduct regular staff meetings
- Apply the policies of the organization in the Children Home
- Meet the new residents and follow them through Case Management Meetings with the staff
- Coordinate the activities and the services provided in the children home and outside
- Ensure that all services are provided with respect for the children and monitor the quality of the services provided
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the children home
- Maintain the file of the individual child
- Ensure enforcement of rules and regulations in the children home
- Compile and share all the information related to cases with the children home.
- Ensure effective functioning of the children home (including proper functioning of office equipments i.e. email, computer etc)
- Ensure safety and security of all personnel, transit residents and the equipment of the program.
Reporting Networking & Communication
- Establish relations and carry out program activities with networking relations different organizations and individuals working in child issues like: Department of Women and Children, local NGOs, District Development Committee, other relevant stakeholder organizations, referral facilities, local communities
- Establish relations with networking of outside professionals providing care (Doctor, Dentist, Psychiatrist…), teachers (Educator)
- Attend all program activities and seminars, workshops and meetings and share with the team members
- Provide information to the Steering Committee and Pilot committee on the progress of on-going programme
- Responsible in referring direct beneficiaries or their dependents to other facility centers for their best interest.
- Exploring available child development programs
- Identify various available programs for the children residing in the children home
- Visit to training institutes to obtain information regarding child performance
- Activities inside the shelter home
- Verify if the resident falls under service category
- Conduct weekly staff meetings regularly
- Conduct case management meetings regularly
- Any information relating to residents acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the strictest confidence and discussed only within the shelter home with the appropriate members of staff
Any information relating to residents acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the confidence and discussed only within the children home with the authorized members of staff
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling APEIRON’s values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for organization, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least Intermediate level passed from a recognized university
- At least 2 years of experience in managing children home/hostel/childcare center/shelter home
- Knowledge of child rights and child protection guideline and policies
- Strong managerial skill to manage day to day operation of the children home
- Excellent communication, observation and listening skills.
- Ability to assess an individual's care and support needs.
- Strong leadership quality to maintain standards of children home
- Ability to negotiate and manage a budget.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Ability to write reports in English
- Good communicator and facilitator
Interested and Eligible candidates are requested to send us their updated CV and Cover Letter along with expected salary mentioning the position you are applying for on the subject line (for example : “Application for Program Coordinator” at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd November, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for further selection process.
"Candidate/s involved in any influencing activity will be immediately disqualified from the selection process."
“APEIRON is focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Thus, APEIRON encourages female candidates, candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/ Terai and other minor communities to apply."
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Nov, 17|
|25 Nov, 17|