Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
UXCam, Bhanimandal, Lalitpur, Nepal
Founded in 2014, UXCam strives to be the best qualitative analysis tool for apps worldwide.
We are providing a product that advances the way our customers think about their User Experience. To do this, we are searching for the best talents around the globe, while having a culture that supports open feedback and constant improvement.’
We are a U.S. based C-corp with subsidiaries in England and Nepal. We are proudly backed by prominent Silicon valley investors including 500 Startups.
UXCam enables companies to track user experience and pinpoint issues enabling them to make informed decisions about future improvements. Our product includes:
Mobile SDK library:to record user experience data on the app
Dashboard: to get actionable insight through easy-to-use visual tools (Session Replay, Heatmaps, User Analysis)
We are looking for a Database Engineer responsible for the development, maintenance and usage of our PostgreSQL-based database. Your primary focus will be the setup and continuous development of a PostgreSQL cluster (CitusDB) deployed on AWS and training team members in its usage.
You will be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Work with the backend team to improve and extend the PostgreSQL-based database:
- Ensuring the performance, quality and fitness of our database
- Collaborating with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identifying and correcting performance bottlenecks and fixing bugs
- Helping to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide training to team members using the database
- Degree education in Computer Science or close subject
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL databases
- Experience of maintaining a code base across multiple releases
- Proficient written and spoken English
Should be familiar with:
- Database query benchmarking and optimization
- Git version control
- Table Schema Design
- Database Indexing
- Useful to know:
- Experience with NodeJS
- Working with distributed databases hosted on AWS
- Sharding, horizontal and vertical scaling
- Visualization tools for exploratory data analysis
Nice to have:
Experience with PHP, R, Highcharts, ReactJS
Ready for the leap: Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Computer - Database Programming|
|B.E. in Computer Science|
|08 May, 18|
|07 Jun, 18|