Youth Mobilization Manager
Association of Youth Organizations Nepal (AYON), established in 2005, aims to bring youth organizations together to provide a common platform for collaboration, cooperation, joint actions and collective endeavors between youth organizations in Nepal. AYON is a national network of non-government, non-religious, not-for-profit youth organizations in Nepal. It acts as an umbrella organization of youth organizations. It calls for coordination, network, support and cooperation from the government, non-government, business institutions, civil society and young people for collaborative actions for youth programs and policies
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive in making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
AYON announces vacancy for the following positions to be a part of USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH):
Position: Youth Mobilization Manager
Project: USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health
Workstation: Central Office Kathmandu with frequent field visits to Lumbini Province, Karnali Province, and Madhesh Province.
Joining Date: Soonest possible
Duration: up to 4 years depending on performance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead the project team whether staff or support staff, in both substantive and operational issues ensuring optimization of human and financial resources and nurturing a culture of results with the highest performance standards
- Provide technical and strategic support to the project team in planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting the youth engagement program at ARH activities
- Supervise and support staff's working schedule and provide timely performance feedback for better results
- Conduct timely staff meetings for collaborative goal-setting and implementation of the project activities
- Manage all forms of risk that may hinder the progress of the ongoing project at the provincial level
- Facilitate transparent financial management of the program that is able to stand up to regular audits and evaluations
- Support an environment of learning for staff within the program.
- Ensure that AYON’s rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement, and other resources are adhered to
- Lead team effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
B. Planning & Execution
- Develop the necessary strategic documents concerning program planning and implementation
- Provide technical support to relevant government agencies in the planning and implementation of youth development activities.
- Prepare periodic action plans for the program based on project activities
- Develop activity monthly/quarterly calendar for the implementation of the activities
- Implement approved activities as per plan and prepare field visits as per the requirement of the program to support small grant management
C. Coordination with stakeholders
- Conduct meetings with consortium partners, government representatives, staff, board members, local implementing partners, youth clubs, and local stakeholders for the smooth functioning of the project and developing the project-related documents
- Coordinate with a partner organization, the executive board of AYON, project staff, and subordinates to achieve the expected outcomes of the project
- Coordinate with the National Youth Council, and provincial and local governments
- Extract lessons learned to support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensure sustainability of the project interventions by promoting leadership and ownership of the program implementation by the government and through proper capacity building
D. Reporting & Communication
- Prepare periodic reports of the USAID ARH project as per project compliance in prescribed forms and format on regular basis and submit them to concerned authorities promptly
- Support/facilitate the project team to prepare periodic reports and plans
E. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Other
- Ensure that programs are being implemented to the highest quality and according to organizational/donor requirements and norms
- Maintain oversight management of programs, activities, and performances of staff within the province. This includes monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment, and quality control
- Carry out appropriate monitoring and evaluation activities regularly to cross-check the performance of the project
- Visit the field as per need to cross-check the performance of the project
- Support staff members for field monitoring and provide them with required data and information
- Support the team/volunteer for project activities, research, and data collection for the implementation of the project
- Monitoring and reviewing the financial transaction and report of the project
- Handle day-to-day operation-related project activities of USAID ARH
Minimum Academic Qualification
- Masters’ Degree in public health, sociology, development studies, and 5 years of experience public health, youth mobilization and community development
- Excellent knowledge and experience about health system of Nepal
- Knowledge about health governance at local health system
- Prior experiences with youth led organization for youth development activities
- Excellent working knowledge and skills in training curriculum development and facilitation of training
- Experience in providing strategic leadership and guidance to local youth clubs and groups
- Strong skills and facilitation skills for organizing conference and policy dialogue at different levels for policy changes
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills at federal and province level
- Experience providing technical guidance to governments and/or private sector on promoting increased private sector engagement for ARH service
- Experience in knowledge management, including organizing events/webinars, drafting reports and developing knowledge products
- Knowledge of financial and policy compliance; including budget planning and implementation
- Excellent knowledge and experience on project management, HR management and M&E tools
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills (English and Nepali)
Prior experience of working in USAID funded health project will be an advantage.
Interested candidate meeting the above mentioned requirements are requested to apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application for the position “Youth Mobilization Manager” or a physical documents at AYON operation office New Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal before February 01, 2023.
*AYON strives for inclusion and diversity in all of our programs and internal human resources. People with Disability, women, LGBTI+, ethnic groups and minorities are specially encouraged to apply.