WASH Lead, Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION TITLE: WASH Lead, Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
GROUP: Clean Energy, Environment and Water
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party, KAWAS
Winrock is seeking aqualified Nepali candidate to serve as WASH Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nepal to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and promotes fecal sludge management. The WASH Lead will manage WASH content and activities for the project, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement project’s WASH strategy.
- Oversee water source mapping within watersheds and sub-watersheds of Karnali River Basin.
- Manage processes and teams to construct and renovate rural community drinking water and multiple use systems in communities and institutions.
- Oversee development and implementation of trainings and capacity building efforts to local organizations, communities, and government representatives on water system use, maintenance, and tariff collection.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities.
- Ensure technical compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are integrated into WASH activities as beneficiaries.
- Work closely with Winrock’s project management staff in the US to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree (or foreign equivalent) in engineering, international development, international relations, or other directly-relevant fields (a bachelor's degree and at least 12 years' experience may be substituted).
- At least 7 years of experience in donor-funded project management of which at least 5 years' overseas experience with technical and/or operational issues related to WASH activities, climate-resilient water practices, economic development, and/or water infrastructure.
- Experience managing construction and renovation of drinking water systems and multiple water use systems in communities, including small scale irrigation and drinking water systems.
- Experience in management roles on complex contracts for USAID is strongly preferred.
- Experience with capacity building and sustainability planning for local communities and government entities, in areas such as demonstration of climate-resilient agriculture technologies/practices, such as drip irrigation, mulching, permaculture, water harvesting, and low technology shelter against sun and wind.
- Demonstrated results promoting market value chains, including proper use of fertilizer.
- Experience working in Nepal required.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Financial management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID contract regulations.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should follow the link given below within October 29, 2019.