Trainee ( Programme Associate)
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources. We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on Fight extreme inequality, Save lives, Build resilient communities and Climate change to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach.
Details / requirements:
DCA Nepal seeks application from female candidates who is keen to build foundation for challenging and rewarding career in an international development environment through hands-on knowledge and practical experience as Trainee in the capacity of Programme Associate. This is an opportunity starting immediately based at Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu with field travel.
The Trainee will report to Head of Programme. She will be responsible as administrative support in documenting Partner’s information; compiling, updating and sharing programme reports; making operational arrangements in organising Programme events/meetings, effective coordination with finance team specifically on project related organizational documents, fund transfers, partner reports, audit reports and maintain web based (Intranet) data management system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Programme Team in compilation of the reports/information received from the partners, coordinate with the partners for timely reporting.
- Support Programme team in qualitative completion of the PPM steps, mainly for the DANIDA and internal projects
- Create projects online (using ERP software and Intranet) and document both online (uploading in the DCA intranet system) and maintain perfect filing system for all programme, partner and project files in resource library.
- Provide logistics support in organising and coordination for programme related events/meetings and prepare its minutes
- Provide updated new/emerging knowledge/information data on priority themes (three programmes) for organisational learning, programmes understanding, approaches and documentation
- Support the Communication team in sharing Programme / Project related information, workshop documents
- Work as the focal point of intranet and retrieve necessary information as and when required.
- Conduct online research as and when required, for the purpose of proposals writing, reports writing, organisational publications, etc
- Work closely with the Finance team to document all the necessary documents in the intranet and coordinate for project related organisational documents, fund transfers, partner reports, audit reports etc
What you bring:
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture/ Climate Change/ Disaster Risk Management/ Human Rights/ Development Studies/ Environmental Studies/ Social Sciences
- Effective verbal and written communications both in English and Nepali languages
- Ability to undertake administrative tasks and multitasking
- Good coordination, networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to research, analyse and report writing skill
- Effective verbal and written communications in English and Nepali
- Good knowledge in MS Applications with excellent Excel-database management
- Creative and independent as well as team player with the ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility
- Role model for diversity, inclusion and belonging, as well as for contributing to positive team spirit
Interested female candidate irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
To apply please log into the below link:
Cover Letter (max 1 page)
CV (max 2 pages)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be Thursday, 26 January 2023
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Telephone inquiries will not be entertained