Terms of Reference
VSO is the world's leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world's poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We're not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
Two Days refresher training on GESI and Gender friendly pedagogy to Project Team - ENGAGE
VSO has been in Nepal since 1964 and currently implementing its program in 25 districts of five Provinces. Currently VSO Nepal program focuses on Education, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Youth, Livelihoods, Gender & Inclusion, Governance, Climate Change and Resilience. Using our unique Volunteering for Development approach we have brought thousands of people together over the years to generate insights, ideas and, above all, action on poverty and exclusion. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organizations where their skills can have the greatest impact.
2. Scope of the assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to provide capacity development of project field staffs on GESI responsive basic knowledge and approaches. Additionally, staffs need to equip on gender friendly and gender responsive behaviour/attitudes in each activity to bring positive change and transformation. Moreover, project is working with students and in schools, thus they need to know the gender friendly teaching and learning skills/ strategy – pedagogy. The scope of work requires a consultant who has in-depth understanding of gender equality, women empowerment, and social inclusion and who can be mindful regarding exclusion and gender analysis with the thematic expertise. Consultant need to be aware of existing GESI related laws and policies of Nepal Government and other international instruments related to it. This training is targeted to district project team of ENGAGE, including community mobilizers and national volunteers of working districts. They all are the people who are directly connected to primary actors and to all the children through various way i.e. teaching, mentoring, coaching, and by organizing different learning events for them.
The content/PPP slides of the training will be developed by consultant in close coordination with VSO team to develop an effective and concise content for clarity on the subject matter being mindful about understanding level of the participants. The content should be both in English and Nepali.
The following deliverables are expected from the consultant in due process of the assignment:
- Develop a content/PPT slides package which covers concept and approaches of GESI and its practicality while working with needy persons/communities.
- Develop a content/PPT slides Gender friendly teaching and learning skills/ strategy – pedagogy along with GESI Concept.
- Deliver one day training session to district team including community mobilizers and national volunteers (altogether 2 events) in three working districts i.e. Parsa and Sarlahi one event, and another event for Banke.
- Capacity building of district project team on engagement of men and boys, changing mindset, gender responsive behaviour/attitudes and service delivery in each activity to bring positive and transformational change.
- Provide a constructive report after delivery of training sessions.
5. Timeframe and Estimated working days
This piece of work requires 7 days are required the engagement of consultant – 2 days for training delivery and 5 days for preparation, travel, and reporting. Travel and accommodation n cost for the consultant will be covered by project adhering VSO Policy.
- This task - development and delivery of the above-mentioned content and delivery of the training sessions and reporting need to complete by 25th of May 2021.
6. Qualifications and experience of the consultant
The training should be led by a professional with degree and work background on gender equality, social inclusion, child protection, and disability.
- Minimum a master’s degree in Gender/Women’s Study/ Social Science related fields.
- At least 5 years experiences on developing and delivering the content on Gender/Protection & Safeguarding/GBV/Disability.
- Extensive knowledge on child protection & safeguarding, gender, GBV, social inclusion, and related laws and policies
- Excellent report writing skills in both English and Nepali.
- Capacity to present the content in clear way to the targeted participants in very simple manner as this training participants includes Community Mobilisers who work closely with community volunteers.
7. Submission of Proposal and budget
The consultant needs to submit a technical Proposal, working days schedule (time frame) along with deliverables as per ToR. Budget breakdown should be submitted in the separate sheet for the working days. Submit the brief proposal to the below email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Mode of Payment
Payment should be done through bank transfer and it will be made in a single instalment because of the volume of the assignment. Payment will be made after delivery of the training sessions and submission of the training report.
9. Intellectual Property
All information related to this content/ training slides will remain the property of VSO Nepal. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information will not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission from VSO Nepal.
Child protection, AYSRH and GBV Coordinator
11. Application Procedure
Interested and eligible firms are required to submit the following:
- Technical proposal which includes objectives and method with detailed timeline.
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses.
- Copy of company registration certificate
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate
- Tax Clearance Certificate 2075/76
Interested and eligible Firms/person are requested to submit their letter of interest along with required documents as mentioned above on point no. 7 and 11 to email ID: email@example.com by 14th of April 2021 no later than 5:00 pm.