Technical Specialist -HIV
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
(Re-advertisement Date: June 9, 2021)
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Nepal as Technical Specialist - HIV. EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Technical Specialist -HIV- 2 positions
Technical Specialist-HIV is responsible for managing, capacity building and supportive supervision and onsite coaching to implementing NGO partner agencies (IPs) to provide continuum of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment (CoPCT) services with quality.
- Identify needs for technical assistance (TA) in coordination with other members of the technical team to be supported by FHI 360.
- Support program team in providing in technical backstopping of IPs to ensure national protocols, standard operating procedures (SOP), and guidelines are followed for CoPCT activities.
- Assist Senior Technical Advisor in designing, developing and providing TA to National Center for AID and STD Control (NCASC), National Public Health Lab (NPHL) and other government entities in a systematic and structured manners as per EpiC Nepal work plan.
- Organize training on HIV testing, counseling, and case management of HIV, peer navigation and STI and other training related to CoPCT including test, treat and retention using updated training curriculum and manuals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of field activities and assist FHI 360 IPs in assessing their own performance, provide onsite coaching support and adjusting their activities clinical services on an ongoing basis to ensure impact, coverage, and quality of services.
- Assess the technical capacity of the IPs particularly in the CoPCT for new and innovative approaches and technology in HIV prevention, HIV testing, treatment, care and support and ensure appropriate TA in strengthening the capacity of IPs .
- Contribute to regular monitoring and documentation of programmatic achievements, lessons learned and success stories and its implications to the program.
- Conduct regular analysis of CoPCT cascade and service-related data and use and recommend for program improvement on regular basis
- Regularly review the national and international literatures, journal articles, good practices and lessons learned and contribute to conduct technical updates and knowledge sharing session both within FHI 360 Nepal and national forum.
- Conduct clinical mentoring and supportive supervision of ART centers and dispensing sites and conduct technical update session as well as Continuing Medical Education (CME) at ART centers.
- Write and manage the production of high-quality technical reports and documents.
- Build and manage institutional relationships and partnerships with key national counterparts and international technical agencies to develop coordinated technical approaches, resource allocation and work plans under the umbrella of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy to meet global goals of ending AIDS by 2030.
- Attend coordination meetings with government, donors, partner organizations, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Support Senior Technical Specialist for supervision and monitoring of implementation of COVID-19 response of FHI 360 Nepal.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by supervisor, Deputy Project Director, Project Director and Country Representative.
- MBBS with master’s degree in public health or equivalent
- Experience in HIV program including clinical management of HIV and STI, Antiretroviral Therapy preferred
- Strong technical, analytical and clinical knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision and able to travel in short notice
- Excellent oral and written English skills required
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. June 14, 2021. Those who have applied previously need not apply again.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.