Technical Specialist ─ FP/RH and Research
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali Citizen to work as Technical Specialist- Family Planning (FP)/Reproductive Health (RH) and Research for FP/RH program under Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S), a five-year implementation science project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and led by FHI 360.
Technical Specialist – FP/RH and Research
The Technical Specialist ─ FP/RH and Research is responsible to coordinate and support implementation of overall activities in Nepal implemented through USAID-funded Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S). S/he will be also responsible to coordinate with the Family Welfare Division (FWD), FP sub-committee, Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC) and other stakeholders working in FP and RH sector and research in Nepal for implementation of R4S activities. S/he is also expected to provide necessary technical support to the USAID-funded Momentum Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) project activities in Nepal in coordination with other project staff.
- Serve as a focal person to implement all activities related to R4S in Nepal in coordination with the R4S global team, FHI 360 Nepal County Office Nepal team and government and other stakeholders.
- Support to R4S by providing necessary country specific context and information and ensure implementation of all R4S related activities in Nepal in a timely manner.
- Manage local consultants and research agencies implementing R4S activities in the country including regular monitoring of their assigned tasks and ensure high-quality deliverables are submitted on time.
- Support for in-country level coordination with different stakeholders for R4S specific activities such as FWD, FP sub-committee, NHRC, Viamo Nepal, research agencies and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate ethical approval of research activities with the NHRC and other relevant authorities.
- Provide technical inputs in developing the research protocol, data collection instruments and other documentation related to R4S as and when required.
- Provide technical assistance and monitor research activities including training, data collection, analysis and reporting writing, and dissemination.
- Facilitate dissemination of research findings or organizing the interpretation workshop with all relevant stakeholders and partners in Nepal in consultation with R4S.
- Facilitate research utilization activities and process in Nepal with the technical guidance from R4S and in consultation with the government stakeholders and other actors.
- Provide technical support for implementation of MPHD Nepal activities in coordination with the project team.
- Prepare high-quality program reports, monthly updates, technical brief and other necessary documents in a timely manner.
- Represent FHI 360 Nepal/R4S as required in the external meetings among the stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Country Director and R4S global team.
- Master’s degree in public health or social sciences.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in FP/RH or health sector in Nepal and in mix-method research design, plan, implementation, monitoring and report writing particular in FP/RH or other health sectors.
- Strong technical knowledge on FP/RH, and qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience in working with USAID-funded program is preferred
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines, and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work in teams and create collaborative team building environment.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and work with technical experts at the national and international level.
- Excellent oral and written English including documentation skills are required.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in virtual/digital environment and in different time zones across the globe.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. September 17, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.