Technical Assistant (Sub-Overseer)
Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
|Position:||Technical Assistant/Sub-overseer - Level 4th|
|Contract period:||Three months, with possibility of extension|
Tribeni rural municipality of West Rukum,
Paribartan rural municipality of Rolpa district and
Banglachuli rural municipality of Dang district.
|Minimum Requirement:||Technical SLC (Sub-Overseer course) in Civil Engineering, 2 years work experience on rural drinking water and sanitation schemes and building construction. Good communication, reporting and computer skill. Age bar is 18-40 years.|
Preferences will be given to local candidates and interested to work in remote areas and travel frequently in program areas.
Interest candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, a recent passport photo with details of two referees to email@example.com by January 19, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be called for further process. For further information and Job-descriptions, please visit at Jobsnepal.com
Under the direct supervision of Community Empowerment for Health promotion Programme (CEHP) and the District Chapter, the Technical Assistant provides the technical support for the implementation of WASH and community health related activities according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure laid down by the program based on MoU.
The employee will also provide general technical support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by CEHP.
The employee will be stationed in the district chapter, although he has to be spent more than 90% of his time in the field to ensure the effective implementation of the programme.
- Conduct water resource mapping and conduct pre-feasibility study of the possible water sources
- Assist to develop Palika level Total Sanitation strategic plan
- Assess the status of the infrastructure facilities of Palilka level health facilities
- Support to carry out detail survey to construct water schemes and infrastructures in health facilities
- Provide necessary information to design and cost estimate of the water schemes and infrastructures
- Facilitate to form Water Users and Sanitation Committee and Infrastructure Construction Committee
- Provide technical support to construct water schemes and infrastructures in health facilities ad per design and cost estimate report
- Maintain coordination and good linkages with related stakeholders i.e Palika, Ward office, HFOMC, CBOs etc to develop their ownership in the construction process
- Ensure the community contribution in any construction projects
- Explore the possibilities of joint collaboration from Palika level stakeholders in any construction projects
- Develop action plan, necessary formats and innovative tools etc for the effective implementation of the programme
- Organize and facilitate meetings and trainings as planned.
- Participate in programme related meetings, orientation, workshops and trainings.
- Spend most of the time in the programme areas to ensure the quality of the construction.
- Collection of data and information and prepare monthly and event based report and send to the concerns in time.
- Ensure of cost effectiveness and circumvent over exceeding of the allocated budget while running activities.
- Fulfill other assignments given by CEHP
- Activities implemented as per operation calendar.
- Specified quality achieved as prescribed in the project.
- Quality reporting to the concerns in time.
- Any innovation related to the project.