Sr. Finance Officer
Seto Gurans National Child Development Services is a pioneer organization in the field of Early Childhood Development at the national, district, and community levels in Nepal. It is registered as an Educational Non-governmental organization, working since 1979 in advocacy, introducing various modules for children, parents, community, and other stakeholders.
Details / requirements:
Seto Gurans National Child Development Services (SGNCDS) is a pioneer organization committed for Early Childhood Development (ECD). It was established in 1979 and is registered as an educational non-government organization in Nepal. Currently, Seto Guras NCDS is seeking a qualified Nepali national professional for the Childaid Network Foundation and German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)-funded program entitled "Promoting Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED) and Primary Education to Strengthen Quality Education".
Position: Sr. Finance Officer
Required No: 1
Terms & Conditions: Full Time (Fixed Term Contract)
Preferred Joining Date: February 21, 2024
Note: This position is initially for 10 months with possibility of extension.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies (BBS)/or equivalent in accounting or finance is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in NGO/INGO field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Knowledge of FAMAS is must.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable.
- Planning skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours.
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area.
- Having two-wheeler license is must.
- Age limit 40 years.
- Enthusiastic, result-oriented and committed candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this post.
- Ensure check and inspect account balance, voucher expenditure details, fund balance and verify primary source document.
- Ensure the financial transaction are properly recorded, updated and reported in time and ensure timely submission of financial report to funding agency and TDS to the Government.
- Prepare and manage daily program wise accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Assist for regular audit, donor audit, social audit of organization and other donor assessments.
- Assist in the preparation of organization Bylaws, and suggest for new system, process and design an internal control mechanism to enhance transparency, regularity, economizing and effectiveness in the organization (if necessary).
- Maintenance of timely and accurate book of account (in accounting software and hard copy), with proper filing system, ensuring accounting system are maintained accordance with organizational policies and procedures and in compliance with the Government of Nepal.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the national office in accordance with donor compliances; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Review and reconcile subsidiary ledgers and make adjustment as need to the ledger
- Ensure timely recording of transaction, timely reconciliation of accounts and prepare financial statement, like balance sheet, trail balance, Fund Accountability Statement.
- Standardize the accounting system through use of computerized accounting system and ensure Up-to-date accounts.
- Ensure compliances of funding agency, financial policies and procedures.
- Train and supervise both finance and non-finance staff including local partners.
- Perform other duties as required by the organization.
Send a cover letter and an updated CV, with PP size photograph, contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than February 15, 2024 before 5 PM. Seto Gurans NCDS reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
SGNCDS firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization and strongly encourages qualified candidates from the women, minorities, and indigenous group. Enthusiastic, result-oriented and committed candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Candidates applying for a job with SGNCDS must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. SGNCDS has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of SGNCDS, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.