Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer - BI
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated, and result-oriented professional to be part of its dynamic team as “Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer - BI”. Details of the same have been highlighted below;
- Write relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Perform data modeling, application development, technical product assistance, and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements.
- Design, Develop, Debug, and Troubleshoot BI solutions. Create and deploy reports.
- Perform requirement assessment, information gathering, and recommend appropriate business solutions to the company’s customers.
- Provide technical assistance and cross-training to other team members.
- Collaborate with the team to create data conversion scripts/integrations and test it ensuring data quality and acceptable system performance.
- Convert requirements into technical designs as per BI/Data Warehousing best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Software Engineer - 2+ years/ Sr. Software Engineer – 4+ years of experience in relevant field along with strong interest in Business Intelligence, Software Implementation, and Process Management.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to carry on a business conversation at all levels.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply new trends and technology in IT
- Willingness to travel outside the country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience and understanding of data warehouse design and implementation.
- Understanding of dimensional modeling concepts and best practices.
- Experience analyzing & managing complex data.
- Experience using Project Management Tool.
- Good understanding of database technologies, specifically Oracle.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports.
- Prior experience with a Business Intelligence reporting tool.
- Experience in building ETL programs for data-warehousing using one or more of the technologies like ODI, Informatica, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Korn Shell scripting, Python, Amazon Glue etc.
- Experience and Knowledge of one or more of the following: Snowflake, Teradata, Netezza, Amazon RedShift, Google BigQuery, Oracle, Azure Synapse and/or SQL.
- Experience working in BI Applications like MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Tableau, and Power BI.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th July, 2021.