Software Development Engineer in Test
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Software Development Engineer in Test
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
As a developer:
- Design, implement and maintain Java application with Angular frontend
- Write well designed, clean, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs follow specifications and recommend changes to improve existing Java application processes
- Analyze and fix the defects in existing code
As a QA:
- Analyze requirements to develop test cases and test data for data intense back-end applications in such a way that defects are uncovered as early as possible
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application functionality, performance, and security
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Conduct various tests for systems integration, UI, applications, databases and APIs.
- Identify specific cases that should be automated and develop the best automation solutions based on the clients’ requirements.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Actively engage in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (DBAs, Product Managers, DevOps) to achieve the deliverables.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience Required: 2 to 4 years of professional experience in Java based application and software test automation.
Skills and Technical Expertise:
- Strong OOP concepts with a knack for writing clean and maintainable code
- Proficient in relational database concepts and formats such as XML and JSON
- Ability to analyze acceptance criteria and discuss scenarios with team with a goal of identifying possible issues upfront even before the feature is developed
- Ability to create test cases, build automated test scripts, plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting and work independently based on project requirements
- Proven excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile workflow as well as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Web/UI, API and performance testing tools – Selenium, Apache JMeter
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere would be a plus
- Knowledge of AWS services would be a strong plus point.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
- Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
- Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
- Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
|Category||Engineering - Software, Software Development|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||2+ years, 3+ years|
|Education||B.E. in Computer Science, Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering|
|Posted Date||05 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||04 Jun, 2023|