Server, Network and Security Expert (Consultant)
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world through technical assistance to electoral stakeholders to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a qualified candidate for a position of Server, Network and Security Expert. This is a Consultant position. Under the guidance of the IFES Nepal Country Director and Deputy Country Director, the Server, Network and Security Expert will support IFES’ work with the Election Commission, Nepal (ECN) on the ECN’s IT systems and election technology support. This position will be full time and will work in the ECN headquarters office in Kathmandu.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To regularly maintain the services and equipment including server, webserver, cloud server, mail server, website, firewall, switch, network/internet of Election Commission Nepal and National Information Technology Center (NITC).
· To immediately resolve the problems encountered on Cloud service, Xen server, Oracle VM server and virtual machine and storage equipment operating under them.
· To immediately resolve any problems in the server network (switch, firewall, router etc.) and adjust configuration as required.
· To regularly monitor the network threat that may arise in the network and resolve them.
· To update the security related equipment and software to ensure ongoing protection from any emerging threats.
· To perform task related to server administration.
· To perform task related to Network Administration and Storage Management (SAN Storage).
· To prepare and implement security policies.
· To regularly monitor the server and network challenges and fix as per necessity.
Skills and Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering /Computer Science/Information Technology/ software Engineering or other IT-related field;
· Minimum of 10 years of experience working in IT or computer science;
· Experience in server, network, storage administration and having sound knowledge of information, network and server security;
· Experience working on election-related field preferred;
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to mentor and develop staff;
· Attention to detail and well organized;
· Good communication skills in Nepali and English;
· Sound skill on Technical Documentation and
· Ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders; experience working and supporting with government institutions preferred.
The position is open to Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their application and an updated CV with name of two references and contact details to: email@example.com with clearly mentioning the position applied for in the Subject. The application submission deadline is 4:00 PM, January 21, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Undue influence at any stage of the processes will lead to automatic disqualification. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.