Senior Technical Officer-Inclusive Education
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
The Reading for All (RFA) Program is a three-year program that works to improve early grade reading outcomes among children with disabilities in grades 1– 3. Implemented in 5,104 schools in the 16 National Early Grade Reading Program focus districts, the USAID supported program strengthens the Government of Nepal’s institutional capacity at federal, provincial and local levels to implement its constitutional and policy commitments to disability inclusive education.
HI Nepal invites applications for the following job position to contribute in the implementation of its RFA project.
1.Senior Technical Officer, Inclusive Education – 1 Position
Terms & Conditions:
- Fixed Term contract till 30th April, 2021 based in Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visits
- Support in developing, implementing and knowledge management of Inclusive Education approaches
- Ensure inclusion of disability aspects and approaches in all IE materials and tools developed by the program
- Carry out regular field monitoring and support visits to: improve performance, track activities’ progress, maintain qualityof the project interventions
- Lead the team in organizing and delivering trainings and workshops.
- Document good practices and lessons learned documents
- Ensure effective coordination and networking with government, implementing partners, resource partners as well as other working agencies
- Provide required support to project team, implementing partner and relevant stakeholders for the capacity building in inclusive education
Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Social Science or related field
- A minimum of 4-5 years of working experience in Development project’s of Education theme
- Knowledge on Education approaches preferably on Inclusive Education
- Good interpersonal, communication, coordination and networking skills
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
To Apply: Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th June, 2020. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.