Senior System Engineer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Working as a Technical Operations, Engineer at Verisk means:
- Being part of and contributing to a large, dynamic and innovative community
- Working with cutting-edge technology, and continuously developing new skills and capabilities
- Focusing on our customers, their success, and the desire to serve them
- Being responsible and assuming accountability for everything you touch
- Participating in our 24x7 technical operations, monitoring, and response program for a large and fast scaling environment
Purpose of the role:
- Provide first level contact and escalation of all issues reported within Verisk data centers, shared services infrastructure, and assigned application systems
- Ensure all IT infrastructure incidents are reported and responded to within the established SLA guidelines outlined by the organization
- Provide operational support to diagnose the root cause of incidents and document the requirements to resolve the problems identified
Primary goals to be assured:
- Enhance the capability and overall reputation of the IS&T team, group, and division by offering exceptional customer service and technical ability to both internal and external customers
- Successfully promote a continuous improvement mindset within operations, engineering, and development groups, that results in measurable efficiency, cost, and process improvement
- Maintain the performance and reliability of the IT infrastructure in delivering services to the business by executing required tasks within agreed levels
- Provide operational support for all environments within your technical group as well as escalation support for junior engineers
- Proactively measure all environments within your technical group for adherence to enterprise standards and best practices and assist with remediation & optimization
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for technical design, implementation and problem resolution
- Provide design guidance and support to business partners to enable optimal usage of selected technologies and solutions
- Take action to introduce new technologies through documentation, training, recommendations, or proof of concepts
- Develop and maintain scripts, automated processes and documentation for repeatable design patterns, to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time
- Participate in the management of technical programs and projects through all phases of execution
- Provide first tier support and triage to internal technical users and customers, via phone, email, and instant message
- Respond to internal monitoring alerts using tools including SolarWinds, Splunk, and others
- Provide network infrastructure support and setup of firewall, employee proxy, and DNS
- Use basic to intermediate knowledge and logic to solve systems, infrastructure, and network problems
- Create and maintain knowledge base (KB) and wiki documentation required to fulfill team responsibilities
- Provide onsite data center support for infrastructure changes and incidents
- Measurable contribution to the innovation, capabilities, security posture, and optimization of company technologies
- Positive feedback on the support received from business partners
- Positive feedback from team members and leaders of the Verisk community
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- A tangible desire and curiosity to seek out and learn new and innovative ways to manage and solve complex challenges
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and a collaborative, team-oriented approach to work are a must, as is a comfort level working in a fast-paced, federated environment that embraces innovation and experimentation
- Dependable and flexible with work hours, including nights and weekends as required
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 3+ years of experience designing, managing, and/or supporting enterprise infrastructure systems
- 3+ years of experience with networking concepts (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- 1+ years of experience working with public cloud products and services; AWS or Azure preferred
- Familiarity with database platforms such as MSSQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and methodologies, system programming and scripting in Python and PowerShell preferred; a scripting/automation mindset is a must
- Integration experience with enterprise operations and security tools such as Okta, Splunk, SolarWinds, ServiceNow, Infoblox and Imperva
- Solid customer service skills with experience interfacing with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience creating technical documentation using tools including Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- May require up to 10% domestic and international travel
- AWS Associate certification in either Solutions Architecture or SysOps Administration
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.