Senior Support Engineer (Application Support)
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Details / requirements:
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated and result oriented professional to be part of our dynamic team as a “Senior Support Engineer (Application Support)”. Details of the same have been highlighted below:
- Actively participate in client communication and resolve client queries when necessary.
- Handle multiple clients and communicate with them in case of any criticality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the undocumented errors.
- Actively participate in defect prevention activities like recording the defects and appropriate action items.
- Adhere to the Service Level Agreements.
- Provide functional guidance to the team.
- Handle CR and application/batch related tickets.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide resolutions for erroneous or unprocessed transactions.
- Communicate and coordinate with the batch monitoring team regarding erroneous or abnormal situations.
- Investigate issues that need L3, L4 levels of support.
- Filter incidents that are not under support scope, soliciting the assignment or involvement of other necessary teams to the resolution of the call.
- Timely monitor/review team member’s performance and mentor/train them when required.
- Research on new technical and functional areas.
- Periodically report to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in support.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Must facilitate incident and problem management.
- Must transfer knowledge in transition on batch monitoring activities to the newly joined team members.
Mandatory Experience/Requirements and Skills
- Willing to work in shifts.
- Experience in support levels L2 and L3.
- Technical Skill in- SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting, any ETL and Reporting tool.
- Experience in understanding and documenting the application support issues.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to learn and apply new trends and technologies in IT.
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills
- Retail domain knowledge or experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Python, shell-scripts will be an added advantage.
- Experience of Support tools like JIRA Service desk, HubSpot, Zendesk, Bugzilla is desirable.
- Experience of Cloud environments like AWS and Azure is desirable.
- Prior knowledge in version control system like GIT, SVN, and Mercurial will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel outside the country as per need.
- International exposure/experience will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to email@example.com by 10 December, 2022.