Senior MEL Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
Physical Rehabilitation Activity (PRA) is 5 years program funded by USAID which is aiming to integrate rehabilitation service in the Public Health System. This program started in June 2019 and is working closely with government authorities, Disability People Organizations (DPOs); physiotherapy unit in District hospitals; private rehabilitation services providers and rehabilitation professional associations. One key achievement from PRA till date is the close collaboration with MOHP and WHO Nepal to develop a “Rehabilitation Module” for the Health Information Management System (HIMS). The new HIMS rehabilitation module has been endorsed by MOHP and orientation sessions of Government Data recorder and Rehab Professionals have started.
HI Nepal invites application for the following position:
- Senior MEL Officer – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract till 31st December, 2022
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal (15% time on field visit)
- Overall responsibilities of MEL activities of Physical Rehabilitation Activity Project
- Implement and Monitor the Project’s MEL Plan following HI Planning Monitoring Evaluation (PME) Policy
- Support team members and partners for effective implementation of MEL plan and maintaining beneficiary database management; collect beneficiary data from the field;
- Ensure documenting learning’s and good practices; facilitate to ensure reviews meetings and evaluations as per MEL plan;
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation visits and missions
- Provide technical support to partners on MEL activities
- Provide training to partners’ staff to implement MEL activities
- Support Rehabilitation Program Manager to conduct operational research
- Support utilization of HMIS Rehabilitation Module by stakeholders
Qualification and Skills Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, management, health or related field with minimum 5 years working experience or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, management or health related field with minimum 3 years of working experience in data management and M&E, preferably focused on Health or Rehabilitation
- Strong Knowledge of MEAL practices/approaches, data management and analysis
- Knowledge on Health management information system(HMIS)
- Knowledge on conducting research
- Knowledge on disability and rehabilitation sector would be added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than,14th January, 2021. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment.